IGNORED

Vita Slim and LED vs OLED

You're not going to notice a difference unless you have the two models side-by-side. I say this as someone who owns both.

Thanks. Overall which one do you dig more? In the past I've had the 3G model and the wifi model, I liked the former as it had a bit more weight to it and seemed to feel better when held.

I prefer the original model, as the new model feels generally cheaper. Again, I notice the difference as I have both. You should keep in mind that the system isn't getting very strong support for its library. Even Sony execs have recently commented that we may stop seeing new tier 1 titles on the console.

While I own a sizeable chuck of the Vita retail game library, there's few games I've really been excited about. When I use my Vita, it's primarily for PSP and PS1 games.

I prefer the original model, as the new model feels generally cheaper. Again, I notice the difference as I have both. You should keep in mind that the system isn't getting very strong support for its library. Even Sony execs have recently commented that we may stop seeing new tier 1 titles on the console.

While I own a sizeable chuck of the Vita retail game library, there's few games I've really been excited about. When I use my Vita, it's primarily for PSP and PS1 games.

I have a PSP 3000 and so the library of top notch PSX/PSP games is virtually limitless, not to mention pretty decent emulation across the board with old systems. One of the games that I am intrigued about is the port of Rayman Legends. I thought that Origins of Vita was mind blowing.

It's a shame that Sony seems to be throwing in the towel as they really nailed that device.

I consider Rayman Origins and Legends to be the best 2D platforming games ever created. With that said, the Vita shouldn't be your system of choice for those games unless you truly need to play them on the go. I have Origins on the Vita, but as a secondary way to play the game. These are games which really benefit from being played in HD on a large display.

I agree, the system leaves a lot to be desired. This is from someone who's had both. Are there great games to be had? Sure, of course. But they've been the same great games since the first few months of its release, outside of Persona 4 Golden.

I loved the system, I really did. Why Sony dropped support on this hardware so badly and hasn't come back in full swing like the Wii U I have no clue. But the long and short is, you will go through the few desirable titles very quickly, and once you're done, I doubt you'll find much else to do with the system.

Sad but true. I liked the PSP MUCH better. At the very least that system had a great import library.

I don't use my Vita much, but I'm not really the best example to go by. Time's limited so I don't generally buy fully-fledged handheld games that will take a while to complete, otherwise I will never finish them. Looking at the library when I'm at the local independent game store, I see quite a few games I would be interested in IF I chose to dedicate a lot of time to the system.

It's sad to see the lack of support right now, but I don't think the Vita is down and out. It seems like a transition period to me. The OLED model is discontinued, but I'm betting Sony hasn't been able to get enough product ready to allow the new LCD model to be readily available at retail right now. The Vita TV/PlayStation Now device will be out soon in the USA as well. This could just be a not-so-intentional lull and things might pick up again for the platform.

• Like 1

I got the old one....I don't think I've seen it in stores at all as my friend was looking for it but ended up getting the Borderlands bundled one.

Such a nice handheld and just a shame big publishers dont support it (other than Japanese publishers and indies).

If you like RPG's its turning into a pretty good RPG handheld. Some of the downloadable games are good too like OlliOlli, Spelunky and Guacamelee.....(actually anything by Drinkbox Studios and Pixeljunk). I've gotten most of these free through crossplay.

Heres a list I agree with:

http://kotaku.com/5886630/the-9-best-games-for-the-playstation-vita

It's sad to see the lack of support right now, but I don't think the Vita is down and out. It seems like a transition period to me.

If it was a transition period, we would have seen a 2015 game line up at E3. Sony has even said that the future of AAA title support in western markets is still up in the air.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/sony-uncertain-about-future-of-aaa-western-games-o/1100-6421078/

If it was a transition period, we would have seen a 2015 game line up at E3. Sony has even said that the future of AAA title support in western markets is still up in the air.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/sony-uncertain-about-future-of-aaa-western-games-o/1100-6421078/

Fair enough.. Myself personally, I'm going to wait until the holiday season before I come to a firm stance on the matter.