IGNORED

The MC-10 Project

John_L

Well, I saw an MC-10 on eBay for pretty cheap and I picked it up. No box or AC-Adapter, but the unit itself looked almost pristine, and I wasn't disappointed. The unit arrived today, and it looks more or less unused. There's a slight scuff mark across the top, but that's it. The keyboard is tight and there's no grease or dirt on the unit anywhere. Wherever it was hiding, it was hid well. It's not faded, the ports look like they've never been used, the expansion cover is there with screws and intact and pristine as well. The warranty sticker is in tack so It's unscathed internally as well. The unit didn't come with the AC adapter, and I figured I'd run down to Radio Shack and grab an overpriced wall wart, but 8 Volts? WTF is up with that... anyway, found a bunch of 8 volt adapters online, I found one that's rated at 2.5 amps instead of 1.5 amps for $10 bucks, that'll work fine. So, until the wall wort gets here I'll have to wait to fire it up.

I think I'll invest in an el-cheapo MP3 player to use as the "tape deck" as well. I'm also hoping it plays nice with my modern TVSo for now.. here it is....

Also, if anyone out there can tell me the exact size of the AC plug, it would be much appreciated...

post-39534-0-56163500-1405720198_thumb.jpg

Edited by John_L

I don't know the size of the AC plug offhand, but once you get the power supply situation sorted out, the MC10 is a nifty little machine.

I mostly use .wav files, although I do have the Micro Games tape (Breakout FTW!). There are quite a few pretty cool games for the MC10, mostly written in the last 10-15 years by a handful of people.

If push comes to shove, I'll buy the 8 volt 2.5 amp one I saw online, and if the connector is wrong, I'll just lob it off and put the right one on, but I'm hoping to avoid that if I can. I'm watching eBay for the adapter, but I doubt one will pop up. The service manual gives a description of alot of different parts, and it even gives part numbers for the power jack, but no actual description of what plug it has.