IGNORED

7800 XM update

Curt Vendel

I wouldn't worry about it, I interpreted another way myself, which was basically "this one is tossed...". Not everybody is into sarcasm, in fact most people have a hard time getting their grips on it. Marty is one of them, IMHO.

I got the sarcasm just fine. There's a difference between whether it's being viewed as appropriate or not, especially in light of some of the vitriol that was going on in this thread. And I'm not the only one who was looking at it as such.

Edited by Retro Rogue

I saw the video and thought he was saying that he considered the XM to be "water under the bridge" although I thought the video was an odd choice. In any event I'm glad it sparked Curt to give an update on the XM (yay) and his health (bigger yay).

I see people selling or trading their pre-orders. Just want those who do this to know that I will contact you when your order is next in queue to ship, if you've sold your XM pre-order, you'll just provide the name & address and email of that person its going to and they'll get an email with the tracking # and the order will ship to them.

Heh, 7800 XM futures trading? Nice.

Glad to hear you're back on the healthy side of life.

I was gonna buy one of these years ago. Glad I didn't. I'm extremely impatient as some will attest. Once these start getting shipped out I shall see what the patient consumers have to say about it.

That's pretty much what I'm gonna do. Once people start getting them and there's no major technical issues reported, and if they do become available to the non-investors, I'll pick one up, literally. I don't live too far from Curt.

• Like 1

It's also worth mentioning that pretty much all of the original Atari produced 7800 games support the High Score Cart, which is built into the XM. There are also some homebrews which should be able to use the XM Pokey, like Beef Drop VE.

• Like 4

It's also worth mentioning that pretty much all of the original Atari produced 7800 games support the High Score Cart, which is built into the XM. There are also some homebrews which should be able to use the XM Pokey, like Beef Drop VE.

The original GCC programmed launch games produced by Atari Inc for release in 1984…