IGNORED

7800 XM update

Curt Vendel

I have a coupla-years-old order on the XM, but I'm actually looking more forward to the Concerto so I can finally try some of the WIPs here! (I don't like emulating the 7800.)

This. I love playing homebrew WIPs. And the XM release schedule has been kind of a train wreck. Don't get me wrong, I want both, but I've thoroughly enjoyed my Harmony cart over the years, and the Concerto will be no different.

Stella and Prosystem are great, but do not compare to playing on real hardware.

Edited by stardust4ever

Its strange to be on the cutting edge of retro technology. But awesome at the same time. I don't know much about Mr. Curt Vendel, but from the forum posts I have read he sounds like a great guy that has gone through some really tough times. I also wish you the best Mr. Vendel.

Edited by adamchevy
  • Like 4

Just put in a request to join the FB group. Pre ordered one of these years ago but have never received a confirmation email/pm.

I have moved since then and want to confirm my address and status on the list. Any suggestion on how to do that? PM's have not received a response.

Thanks.

Just put in a request to join the FB group. Pre ordered one of these years ago but have never received a confirmation email/pm.

I have moved since then and want to confirm my address and status on the list. Any suggestion on how to do that? PM's have not received a response.

Thanks.

"Posted Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:11 PM

Hi,

I've gotten lots of emails, facebook messages, and AA PM's

Please DO NOT send these to me.

When I announce its time to ship pre-orders, a website has been set up.

You will submit your name, address, order # and copy of payment email/receipt and this will all go into a single database for me to manage shipping everyone's orders out to current addresses and such. I am not keeping emails, pms and such with information you are sending me, its too much to try and handle, I will only take updated information through the website entry page I've set up. So please do NOT send me your order info and address information until you are notified and you go to the website entry page.

Thanks.

Curt"

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/239315-atari-7800-pre-orders/?p=3256151

Heh...when I ordered mine, I got a confirmation AND a tracking number. :)

Hmm. Well since I never got anything like a receipt I was hoping to get some kind of confirmation on the order. I totally get he is busy and has a lot on his plate, and I am fine with waiting until the xm is ready for prime time, but its kinda frustrating all the same.

I don't know if I can get a receipt from my old bank back in California.

What threw me off was GETTING A TRACKING NUMBER. I had kind of dropped away from following XM progress when I did the pre-order, and when I got the tracking number I thought that maybe I had ordered it right after it had been made ready or something...so I waited several days and got nothing, and the tracking status didn't update (never went beyond saying the shipping label had been made)....then I found out it wasn't ready. :)

Edited by Dauber

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, I just dug through 4 old hard drives and cannot find anything relating to my original pre-order which also included a USB joystick that I haven't gotten yet. I'm probably fucked.

Likewise I haven't gotten the cartridge boot I ordered from them in July, although my total order was less than $10 but still... :sad:

• 2 weeks later...

This. This. Let us just leave it alone.

Perry is working on it. He has put out DK XM. He delivers so nuff said. "Wait and see Hurc! Wait and see!!" says Newt. :P

Perry - Tep392 - and Bob Pac-Man Plus DeCrescenzo are pros at both the 5200 and the 7800. I have no doubts Perry will make the XM's BIOS sing. Remember, it's been the BIOS that's been the holdup for the most part with the project; getting it especially to cooperate with the YM2151. Think about how much the XM is supposed to do: 128K RAM, POKEY, HSC, YM2151, XE Keyboard, and SIO if you add a PIA chip to it.

I would love to see a lot of that added to the 5200 at some point, but that would definitely require a BIOS rewrite and soldering a board in...

I'm certainly going to do everything in my power to make sure this thing gets finished. I don't want to let down the AA members who have bought my DK XM. It's going to take some work though. There isn't a software specification for me to reference. At least not that I know of. Curt has given me some high level requirements like how the RAM diagnostics will be done. He's been the hardware guy so he doesn't have all the nitty gritty details. I've disassembled the BIOS and I'm working on reverse engineering it so I can learn as much as I can about what has been done so far. Would be nice to have the source code. :roll: Curt's been super busy with large project at work but it is supposed to let up around the holidays, so he should be able to get things rolling on his side soon. I'll pop in every once in a while to let you know how things are going on the BIOS.

Regards,

Perry

• Like 13

I asked nicely for it, got no response at all. I still believe he should be banned, he is the reason for much of the delay, not Curt. :roll:

Did he actually read your pm? I'm getting the cold shoulder treatment, which is quite surprising to me. We've been on good terms for a long time and I've received a lot of help from him on my projects. I'm kinda surprised at the 180 turnaround.

Did he actually read your pm? I'm getting the cold shoulder treatment, which is quite surprising to me. We've been on good terms for a long time and I've received a lot of help from him on my projects. I kinda surprised at the 180 turnaround.

You do not need to read a PM, to read it. The PM is mostly contained in the email notification, unless it is a mile long, which mine are not.