IGNORED

Android tablets, controllers, and GTA

I have noticed an increasing amount of console games arriving on mobile platforms. I played Grand Theft Auto 3 on my iPhone 5 last night, and while the game itself runs beautifully, the controls suck big time. I'm thinking about getting myself a tablet and blue tooth controller setup for these console rereleases. Any thoughts?

Edited by toptenmaterial

I have noticed an increasing amount of console games arriving on mobile platforms. I played Grand Theft Auto 3 on my iPhone 5 last night, and while the game itself runs beautifully, the controls suck big time. I'm thinking about getting myself a tablet and blue tooth controller setup for these console rereleases. Any thoughts?

I know that people connect PS3 controllers to their Android tablets often, it seems to be the most popular method. Here's a video showing that:

Although that video mentions you can't use wireless controllers without a Sony tablet, if you root your Android you can use bluetooth controllers with a much wider range of devices. (And really, you should root any tablet you get if it has Android. It makes them so much more useful)

In terms of the actual Android tablet you use, the world is your oyster. There are nigh-endless options for tablets in the Android world, although ones that stand above the rest are the Google Nexus 7, and the various offerings from Samsung. What budget are you thinking? How big do you want the screen? Is it important at all that the tablet have cellular data capability? Is there much else you would use the tablet for besides gaming?

Edited by TPA5
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...