IGNORED

Worm!

atari2600land

I just ordered Worm for the Atari 7800 from the store. I've been wanting a 7800 homebrew since I first got my 7800 a few months ago. I plan on getting Crazy Brix and/or Beef Drop VE after this. I like Snake games so this should be one I like. By the way, this is my 8,000th post.

• Like 2

I don't really see a point since I already own Ms. Pac-Man. I'm not really a Pac-Man fan, so Ms. will do.

There are many that will testify to the cartridge being more than well worth it to purchase, regardless if you own the original Ms. Pac-Man or not. ;)

For example, the 19 reviews here all give it 5 out of 5 joysticks with glowing reviews.

Brief summary:

Pac Man Collection is a round-up of the various official (and some not so official) releases of one of the most popular games in history. Now we can finally fill a void that was missing from the 7800 library for two decades. Within this game cartridge you will find:

• Pac-Man (The Original!)
  • Puck Man (Same game, more difficult maze)
  • Hangly Man (Empty Mazes? Vertical Tunnels? Invisible Mazes?)
  • Ultra Pac-Man (6 New Mazes for a new variety)
  • Random Mazes* (You just never know which maze will appear next!)
  • Ms. Pac-Man (The second installment of the Pac-Family)
  • Ms. Pac-Attack (Same game, more challenging mazes)
  • Ms. Random Mazes* (Like Random Mazes above, but with the Ms. flavor)

* - denotes games that were not released as actual arcade games, officially or otherwise

Also included is the 'Plus' and 'Fast' variations of these games, which you can individually set on or off for each game. Plus Mode has the various effects when enabled:

• Game Speed is increased
  • Bonus prizes are replaced with alternate items
  • Bonus prizes now have the same effect as an energizer, except the monsters turn invisible (they are worth double points this way!)
  • Eating a standard energizer doesn't always turn all four monsters blue...
  • Eating a standard energizer might make the maze and dots disappear for the duration of the energizer
  • Maze colors are different as an indicator of 'Plus' mode

'Plus' mode is the equivalent of the arcade game Pac-Man Plus. 'Fast' Mode increases the speed of the player only when enabled. In total, you have 24 game variations to choose from!

While improving on the Ms. Pac-Man you already own, it also offers several new games with a slew of options.

Nonetheless, your feelings and thoughts are certainly respected of not being a Pac-Man fan. Hope you enjoy Worm! :)

• Like 1