IGNORED

Delta Space Arena for Atari 8-bit

peteym5

We will be doing EPROM cartridges only. Looks like no one is selling any flash cartridges specifically for the 7800 that is cheaper than the EPROM cartridges. I will not go into making the games available for downloading. The games are just starting to be designed and encoded. I am still figuring out the 7800, the 7800 Basic, and trying to get help on how to set stuff up.

Edited by peteym5

of course you will,

the solutions for the 2600/7800 are for convenience and added features,

no one insisted you to make it available for downloading 'here we go again :( '.

Don't worry everybody will help you with what they can to accomplish all your goals again.

We have a very cool, helpful, forgiving, and understanding community :)

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 1

This is a screen added to the title splash screen. The only noticeable difference between the cartridge released in 2014 and this one. Lets you press Option to cycle through the different controllers. It can select Joystick, Paddle, Trackball, Keyboard, or Indy 500 Controller. On the Indy 500/Paddle, you need to hold down fire for a second for thrust or rapidly press fire to shoot lasers.

I decided it was better to use the console keys instead of the joystick or keyboard because you will need to remove the joystick anyone to use an alternate controller.

I am also adding the 7800 screen title screen shot, title banner looks almost identical to the 8-bit / 5200 version except the 7800 can do all 16 gradients instead of 8 for that effect on the letters.

post-14332-0-02114400-1510601922.jpg

post-14332-0-78463900-1510601934.jpg

Edited by peteym5
  • Like 1

If you had been holding off on buying this game, I have some good news. We are working on re-releasing the cartridge with updated controller options, so you can play the game with the Trackball, Indy 500 Driving Controller, Keyboard, Paddles, etc. but will still default to the joystick.

How are you planning to implement both thrust and fire using the one button driving or paddle controllers?

hmmm space bar or add a button or two controller port a and b? Perhaps a limited edition delta space arena controller or maybe one of those super pricey joystick arcade combo controller floating about the web. Then again remember what was done with Robotron a plastic holder for the second controller keeping the button close....

:)

Edited by _The Doctor__

• 2 months later...

I am working on updating the Delta Space Arena cartridge and the 4 level demo to use different controllers. I have several people beta testing right now. If you have different controllers, post here or send me a private message, statet which ones you have. Right now, it may be working with Joystick, Paddle, Keyboard, Indy 500 Driving Controllers, and CX-80 Track Ball. ST trackball may work through the driving controller. ST Mouse may work through trackball. Using other and custom controllers is at your risk as in there is no guarantee it will work properly. Will not work with lightgun or lightpen.

Supporting multiple controllers has became a popular subject and since Video61 wants to marked these games toward real hardware, do some things that can not be properly done in the emulators. People want to play with real Atari controllers, have the real system hooked up to a CRT display, etc. I know more people are also hooking their Atari up to modern LCD flat panel displays, and also because this game uses overscan, this update has an adjustment to reduce that static on the right side to one pixel line using a trick with horizontal scrolling.

Edited by peteym5