IGNORED

Lieing sellers

voltron

Why do sellers lie in their emails, when they know its tracked? Anyway I purchased an item on Amazon. And it was desribed as in stock and ships in 2 to 3 days. two weeks later nothing was shipped. I contacted seller, and ask them to cancel the order. They refused, and told me i need to wait to receive item and send it back and oay a restocking fee, bc they dont cancel custom items. I replied asking them to cancel the order, because it never shipped, and i ask them to explain how my item is a custom order when, there is no customization, and lots of other seller are selling the same item. They never replied. Three days after that item still hasnt shipped, so i sent a final cancellation notice, and no reply, they would not cancel order. Finally the estimated delivery time had elapsed, and item has not shipped i filed a claim and the matter was quickly resolved. They got banned as sellers, I found out I was one of many that had not received their orders. Well i got my money back. .But i still dont understand why someone would lie in the emails knowing that they keep track of all the emails between buyers and sellers? Well i left him some nice reviews on yelp and google. but again looks like i wasnt the only one....

I love Amazon. They are really good about refunds. I order a Roku 3 and it never came. Immediately refunded the entire cost.

Yeah amazon resolved it in less than 24 hours, refunded the money and then banned the seller. looks like his rating dropped to the 70s that month, and i guess amazon had no choice but ban him. I had read other reviews and the sam thing items not being shipped. some two months.

Yeah amazon resolved it in less than 24 hours, refunded the money and then banned the seller. looks like his rating dropped to the 70s that month, and i guess amazon had no choice but ban him. I had read other reviews and the sam thing items not being shipped. some two months.

That's why I buy and sell 99 percent of my stuff on Amazon. Yes, they don't have pictures, and as a seller I pay as much in fees and shipping to them as I do to EBay. But you just said the reasons why I love them -- they actually take action compared to Ebay. :P

Why do sellers lie in their emails, when they know its tracked….

But i still dont understand why someone would lie in the emails knowing that they keep track of all the emails between buyers and sellers? Well i left him some nice reviews on yelp and google. but again looks like i wasnt the only one....

It comes down to volume sales…basically, a seller on Amazon is selling to a very large audience. With a shady seller, they can bank on this: For every person like you, who files a complaint and gets a full refund, I would imagine there are dozens who don't. Either it is too much of a pain in the ass, or they just don't fully understand the buyer protection they are afforded. Same nonsense goes on with eBay as well. They can only get away with it for so long, but then the shady seller just switches to one of their accounts that has not gotten banned yet. Either way, the seller gets away with it far more often than not…making the practice financially justifiable, albeit morally bankrupt.

I'm surprised they aren't arrested.

Same here. Any distrustful internet sales practices in the US are handled by the FBI (I forget the department). Years ago, I paid for Office 2003 full version and was sent Office XP. The picture in ebay showed office 2003. After getting nowhere with the seller, I pushed it. Guess who showed up at his door, the FBI.
  • Like 1

I'm surprised they aren't arrested.

Because politicians are paid off, Amazon is small compared the what fianacial institutes in the USA get away with. .what other country in the world can a bank rob people of billions get caught, do no jail time and settle for only a few million, bnk of america for example with their overdraft scheme a few years back. what a business model steal a billion and only return a million with no jail

time.

Because politicians are paid off, Amazon is small compared the what fianacial institutes in the USA get away with. .what other country in the world can a bank rob people of billions get caught, do no jail time and settle for only a few million, bnk of america for example with their overdraft scheme a few years back. what a business model steal a billion and only return a million with no jail

time.

yep…banks and:

Insurance companies

Mortgage lenders

Pharma companies

Big Box Retailers

…and the list goes on and on and on and on. Don't even get me started when it comes to politicians. Special interest groups and corporations basically own our government these days. Then, when the elected official's term(s) in office is over, they get to look forward to high paying consultant gigs and speaking circuits…all arranged by the people who "funded" their campaigns over the years. Gotta love it!

• Like 1

. Don't even get me started when it comes to politicians. Special interest groups and corporations basically own our government these days. it!

Same here... .i hear politics and I walk away, the libertarian in me cant stand either party.

• Like 1

Vote all incumbents out, even if you jump parties. Do this for 5 elections in a row [Yes 20 years]. And then watch as they try to win the peoples vote, instead of the parties vote. Parties will become vague and the people will have spoken.

Can you image a politician bending to the people's will?

Of course there will have to be a mass movement to see result. Just remember it started here.

Edited by SoulBuster

Personally, I do not believe in term limits. FDR is a good example. 4 Terms. Did we really want to limit him?

OK, exception to the rule. But with Limits, you HAVE to get rid of the good guy. I do not want that limit placed on me by law. I would rather leave it to a vote.

Now, that does mean I like "career politicians". My definition of that is one that is only in office because of the job and is not for the people. I do not have a problem with someone in office for decades as long as they listen to the people and act accordingly.

The voters have the power, not the politicians. Voting incumbents out CHANGES the government. You want change do this.

Personally, I do not believe in term limits. FDR is a good example. 4 Terms. Did we really want to limit him?OK, exception to the rule. But with Limits, you HAVE to get rid of the good guy. I do not want that limit placed on me by law. I would rather leave it to a vote.Now, that does mean I like "career politicians". My definition of that is one that is only in office because of the job and is not for the people. I do not have a problem with someone in office for decades as long as they listen to the people and act accordingly.The voters have the power, not the politicians. Voting incumbents out CHANGES the government. You want change do this.

.i guess fdr is a good example why we need term limits :) fdr was sick and he started hiding issues he was having bc of concerns about not gettting re elected. He did a good job at hiding his true condition and got re elected., Years later when documents where finally made public it was known hownhe went to extremes to hide his medical condition. That why i dont like career politicians, bc ultimately all good politicians what few there are become more concern with re election. And all politician if kept around to long eventually become corrupt. Look how many days politicians spend fund raising when they suppose to be working for the people. Fundraising for incumbent starts day one in office.

You missed what he did for the country. I am only showing the 1 thing for each term.

1st term, pulled us out of the depression. Monumental accomplishment.

2nd Minimum wage, nuff said.

3rd Term United Nations

4th Term Even though this term was very short, he was instrumental in Saudi/US relations that are still significant today.

I can overlook his campaign for re-election.

But did FDR promise an Intellivision for every home? ;-)

I think it is there somewhere, let me get back to you!!!! :D

Here it is

And the Roosevelt spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Cartridge. Then, shalt thou count to One Hundred and twenty-five. No more. No less. One Hundred and twenty-five shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be One Hundred and twenty-five. One Hundred and twenty- Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou One Hundred and twenty-two, excepting that thou then proceed to One Hundred and twenty-five . One Hundred and twenty-six is right out. Once at the number One Hundred and twenty-five, being the One Hundred and twenty-fifth number to be reached, then, lobbest thou thy Intellivision towards thy opponent, who, being naughty in My sight, shall his reserved lives be forfeit."

Edited by SoulBuster
  • Like 2

You missed what he did for the country

. I am only showing the 1 thing for each term.1st term, pulled us out of the depression.

2nd Minimum wage, nuff said.3rd Term United Nations4th Term Even though this term was very short, he was instrumental in Saudi/US relations that are still significant today.I can overlook his campaign for re-election.

You missed what he did for the country. I am only showing the 1 thing for each term.1st term, pulled us out of the depression. Monumental accomplishment.2nd Minimum wage, nuff said.3rd Term United Nations4th Term Even though this term was very short, he was instrumental in Saudi/US relations that are still significant today.I can overlook his campaign for re-election.

1st term he introduced deficit spending aka new deal, for which we are starting to now see the USA headed toward bankruptcy.

2nd min wage, this is a temporary fix, bc deficit spending which he introduce promotes inflation and min quickly wont change much in the long term. But the deficit spedning means more poor as time goes on bc they need to continuially find ways of taxing the middle class making them poorer every year.

3rd United nations? ok the league of nations sounds like a nice idea, but it really the UN of todaynis looking to replace the US as a superpower, they are working hard to replace the US dollar as the reserve currency, and once this happens US influence is done for it. Honestly .i think with in a year the US will no longer be the the largest economy, deficit spending,mincrease taxation and devalued dollar have killed the country.

4th Saudis they gave us bin laden.

:) I dont know FDR about FDR being a great President, he did loaded the supreme court when his new deal got struck down as unconstitutional the first time. Dont get me wrong, im not a republican. I let them know how much of a fraud Reagan was. But this is the libertarian in me. :) Im a skeptic when it come to politics, Since Reagan foward, as see both parties as different side of the same evil coin. Dems wanna strip your economic freedoms, repubs wanna stripmyour social freedoms, either ways you getting strip, dems are pro social welfare, repubs are pro corp welfare either way the avg joe pays for both forms of welfare and gets nothing in return but increase taxes. :)

1st term he introduced deficit spending aka new deal, for which we are starting to now see the USA headed toward bankruptcy.

2nd min wage, this is a temporary fix, bc deficit spending which he introduce promotes inflation and min quickly wont change much in the long term. But the deficit spedning means more poor as time goes on bc they need to continuially find ways of taxing the middle class making them poorer every year.

3rd United nations? ok the league of nations sounds like a nice idea, but it really the UN of todaynis looking to replace the US as a superpower, they are working hard to replace the US dollar as the reserve currency, and once this happens US influence is done for it. Honestly .i think with in a year the US will no longer be the the largest economy, deficit spending,mincrease taxation and devalued dollar have killed the country.

4th Saudis they gave us bin laden.

:) I dont know FDR about FDR being a great President, he did loaded the supreme court when his new deal got struck down as unconstitutional the first time. Dont get me wrong, im not a republican. I let them know how much of a fraud Reagan was. But this is the libertarian in me. :) Im a skeptic when it come to politics, Since Reagan foward, as see both parties as different side of the same evil coin. Dems wanna strip your economic freedoms, repubs wanna stripmyour social freedoms, either ways you getting strip, dems are pro social welfare, repubs are pro corp welfare either way the avg joe pays for both forms of welfare and gets nothing in return but increase taxes. :)

So ask yourself, "How much of this 'bad' did FDR actually cause, and how much of it was a corruption after he died?"

You lay blame on a man with good intentions instead of those hired after, voted in.

Laying groundwork for those items was great work, then corrupted later by politicians. FDR was no politician. He worked for the people.

These are the people we need in office. In every election.

Edited by SoulBuster

So ask yourself, "How much of this 'bad' did FDR actually cause, and how much of it was a corruption after he died?"

You lay blame on a man with good intentions instead of those hired after, voted in.

Laying groundwork for those items was great work, then corrupted later by politicians. FDR was no politician. He worked for the people.

These are the people we need in office. In every election.

I grant you that, what I said is with the benfit of hindsight and i wasnt around then to be an observer when it all happened. But im sure we can agree that all the presidents since Reagan to Present suck for what ever reason partison politics, corruption etc. :)

With regards to politics, I stand firm by my beliefs:

Behind every politician lies (pun intended) a man or woman who is mostly (if not entirely) driven by the desire to satisfy their own personal needs. These "needs" primarily include (but are not limited to) monetary gains and the satisfaction/inflation of their own egos. Party lines are simply a means to an end for "like minded" groups of these power-players, in which they form a very limited partnership to help advance their own needs. We, are simply pawns in their twisted game. In the end, the benefits which they see are far beyond the average American's comprehension, and all of the platforms on which they stand, tend to serve as fodder for the common folk to bicker about…as if any of it actually really matters.

• Like 1

I grant you that, what I said is with the benfit of hindsight and i wasnt around then to be an observer when it all happened. But im sure we can agree that all the presidents since Reagan to Present suck for what ever reason partison politics, corruption etc. :)

That I can agree with. I would even go back 4 more.

With regards to politics, I stand firm by my beliefs:

Behind every politician lies (pun intended) a man or woman who is mostly (if not entirely) driven by the desire to satisfy their own personal needs. These "needs" primarily include (but are not limited to) monetary gains and the satisfaction/inflation of their own egos. Party lines are simply a means to an end for "like minded" groups of these power-players, in which they form a very limited partnership to help advance their own needs. We, are simply pawns in their twisted game. In the end, the benefits which they see are far beyond the average American's comprehension, and all of the platforms on which they stand, tend to serve as fodder for the common folk to bicker about…as if any of it actually really matters.

This is the whole reason for 'vote the incumbent out', and government will change. It has to.