IGNORED

Which System did you OWN and use.

Which was the most popular among AA users?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Which system did you OWN & use...

• Atari ------------ 400 or 800
    • Commodore --- Vic 20 or C64
    • TRS-80 CoCo -- Any model
    • Timex / Sinclair
    • Texas Instruments TI-99/4A
    • None of the above
  2. 2. Do you still have one?

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I visited due to the link on the TI forum, so I guess the poll results are being skewed by the poll creator unless he's also posting lures on the other model-specific forums as well. ;)

Started on the Timex 1000, got a TI and cassette a few years later, expanded that to typical PEB status and used that till I went to Mac.

Bought an Atari 400 with a few games, but since it had no Basic cart, I eventually donated it years ago.

Other orphans have shown up here; Osborne 1, Tandy PC, IBM PC, P2, Apple IIc, but I don't really use any of 'em, they just lurk in the dusty forgotten corners of my shed.

-Ed

I visited due to the link on the TI forum, so I guess the poll results are being skewed by the poll creator unless he's also posting lures on the other model-specific forums as well. ;)

All I did was make one little comment about how the TI was about to be passed up by the lowly Timex Sinclair. I guess the TI guys just came over and checked it out for themselves... and voted while they were at it. Now to be fair, I suppose others might want to get the word out, after all it does not look good that the TI guy's are beating out the Atari dudes... on a board named "Atari Age". :-D

• Like 1

I only muddied the results, as I clicked both Timex and TI99 plus the Atari 400. I'm all about equal love!

I definitely took the TI much further and used it far longer, but I also kept a soft spot for the Timex Sinclair and have been toying with again lately.

-Ed

I admit I voted for Multiple Machines..

I voted Commodore, because I bought an SX-64 about 1985 or 1986, and still have it today.

I voted Sinclair, because my First Home Computer was the ZX-81 about APR-1982, and I still have it today.

I voted None of the Above, because Apple is missing.. My first Computer I used was the Apple ][+ with 48K and the Integer Card. My Second Home Computer was the Apple ][e, with 64K and a Disk ][, and I still have it today, but stored away at my Parents house. ( If I had a current picture, I would post over on the thread, Your FIRST computer (photo required). Then & Now., my then picture is here )

MarkO

• Like 1

The first computer my family got was the VIC-20 which I think I still have. I do have many games for it but I can't remember where the 20 is hiding. We got TI-99/4a and C64 shortly after, and I still have both. Although the TI isn't working anymore, it wouldn't power up and only gives black screen.

I've gotten more computers including a PET and a 128D which I still use now day.

• 2 weeks later...

Bought TI 99/4A in 1983 when they were basically $50 after rebate. Gave it away about 15 years later, along with the carts. Have since replaced it a few years back with one in good condition I found on eBay, along with three of my favorite carts CIB (Parsec, Blasto and MunchMan).

In late 1980s bought an Atari 800XL used from my friend. Gave it away ten years or so later. Replaced it about 10 years ago with an Atari 130XE (plus 1050 drive) bought cheap at a church yard sale, along with 6 carts, including my favorite, Qix. Amazingly, though, I still have scores of program floppies from when I owned the 800XL, most of them still working.

Finally, I still have my 4-switch Atari 2600 given to me by my friend about 20 years ago, along with over 40 carts, most of them still working. Play with it pretty often. Can you guess what my favorite 2600 game is?

Yeah, yeah, rub it in... :/

Consider he missed the golden age of 8 bits computer with no GUI of any kind. He missed the hard task of remembering a bunch of command to handle files, change directory (if applicable), and such. He also missed the painfully long wait of the early slow disk drive or tape drive.

I don't think a lot of CoCo fans hang out here.

I'm here, just don't post as much, at least not on video game or vintage computer related topics. Having said that, the Coco's are my favorite and my most used computers in the 80's for everything from gaming, word processing, and online activities via the local bbs scene.

• Like 1