IGNORED

LTO Flash! - Intellivision Flash Cartridge Information

Someone may have mentioned this already but, if you can't sell LTO drives then how is the Intellicart able to be sold on eBay and paid for with Paypal? Just because nobody has complained about it to Paypal I guess?

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/252005-intellicart-now-up-on-ebay/

If the funds for ONE Intellicart gets seized, no big deal I guess. Try selling a couple of hundred...

If the funds for ONE Intellicart gets seized, no big deal I guess. Try selling a couple of hundred...

Bingo. People sell flash carts on Ebay all the time. And usually paid for with PayPal. And 99.9% of the time, it flies under the radar. And if it gets caught - a seller might be out a hundred bucks.

intvnut is looking at (easily!) a 5 figure loss, if PayPal decides to seize his account in the midst of selling LTO Flash! Some of us are so paranoid about PayPal that we transfer money out of anything they can touch, within minutes of receiving it (or it being allowed to be transferred into a bank account, or whatever). I've maintained several PayPal-only bank accounts for years for exactly this purpose. This works for me because if I suddenly can't accept money via PayPal, I just have to sell stuff locally for a while. It's not quite the same when we're talking about selling hundreds of units internationally.

All it takes is a single complaint, and PayPal can ruin you financially. Or at least make your finances a living hell for a while. You are entirely at their mercy when this happens, short of suing a multi-billion dollar company to recover a few thousand bucks. It's not worth the risk to many people.

Because Paypal is attached to a bank account, If they freeze your account opening another is not easy or timely and I think violates there policy as well.

I'm surprised my suggestion of using SquareUp.com yielded no response. You can easily open up your own virtual store, send invoices and accept credit card payments without fear of your funds being seized. Payments are deposited to your bank account within 2 days.

I'm surprised my suggestion of using SquareUp.com yielded no response. You can easily open up your own virtual store, send invoices and accept credit card payments without fear of your funds being seized. Payments are deposited to your bank account within 2 days.

https://merchantnegotiators.com/reviews/square-merchant-services/

The suspend account without warning and no human phone support make me hesitate...

The simplicity looks great

I suggested bitcoin a couple of times. As long as you cash it in right away and pass any fees on to the buyer there shouldn't be much risk with it. I've never accepted it as a seller though so I don't know if it is trickier than it seems.