IGNORED

Jaguar games with the best graphics?

kevincal

Jaguar games with the best graphics?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Pick up to 15 games.

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Zool 2! :D

I love Zool 2 but I guess I thought it wasn't quite as impressive as others on the list. Will def count your vote though. The game does have pretty bad slowdown at times. Still very pretty game.

Edited by kevincal

Well there are 100 Jag games so picking 15 of your favorites etc out of a 100 seems legit. The 25 I picked here are what I think are the Jag games with the best graphics. Im sure most would agree with atleast 15 of the 25 I picked. To pick just 1 eh. I dunno.

Edited by kevincal

What about Bubsy, Theme Park, Cannon Fodder, Dino Dudes, Club Drive, Syndicate, Brutal Sports Football, Dragon, Blackout! and DDV? You've missed all of the Jag's graphics powerhouses. ;)

In all seriousness though, it would be more fun to pick 1 or 5. 15 is a little odd for the size of the catalog.

While Tempest 2000 showed me the fun gameplay of the Jaguar, Bubsy tended to show off more colors on the Jaguar when I first started on the Jaguar. Trevor McFur also had fun with graphics and colors and later Native.

Best graphics? Maybe Myst?

Gameplay AND graphics? Perhaps Defender 2000 or Battlesphere.

For myself, my chouices probably are'nt the best (technical) examples as they might 'suffer' say from ropy frame rates, but it's what they achived in other areas that made them standout for myself:

AVP:Use of colours, realistic textures on walls etc, dead bodies on the floor all creating a superb atmosphere.

Iron Solider for it's explosions and way the buildings were destroyed under your fist or firepower-really helped create illusion of piloting a mighty mech.

Hoverstrike (cart), just loved the texture mapping and light-sourcing in particular, firing a missile and watching the rock walls light up as it flew past impressed me at the time.

Tempest 2000:For Jeff, basically 'being' Jeff and using the hardware to go bat-shit crazy and trying to eat my face, made particle effects etc, it really stood out, sadly 'kids' not sold on mad as an otter special effects, wanted texture-mapped 3D etc, so Tempest 2000 was never really going to be a big system seller/flagship game in that regard.

• 1 month later...

Nothin blew me away like AVP back when I first booted it up. I don't know if the younger kids here can relate but I'm an old school gamer going back to 1975 when I got my first system. When I booted AVP, I literally didn't stop playing till around 4am that night and I had to be at work at 7am.

Only other time I've had that happen to me was when I started playing Mario 64 the N64 launch day and Halo when I got my Xbox at launch. Halo is funny because I hadn't heard anything about it and I only took it because Toys R Us made me take it as part of the launch bundle. It was the last game I played that day, I had totally dismissed it. LOL

edit: Notable mentions to Iron Soldier and Tempest obviously, both those games I still play today. I have my Friday Tempest night, every week for the last 20 years. Got my JediJeff controller, some Dr. Pepper and some buds and play tempest. :D

Edited by MAYAman
  • Like 2

@MAYAman:For myself seeing AVP running on a video segment on a UK TV Gaming show (Gamesmaster) after years of 2D Aliens games in home and arcade, mind was truely blown....it looked STUNNING and this was a 1st generation game? that 'sold' me on the power of the Jaguar alone.It simply was the Aliens game i'd been longing for so i had to buy a Jaguar on day 1.

• Like 2

Every week for the last 20 years?

That's great! :)

Yup, either Saturday or Friday for a couple of hours or at least an hour. Depends on what the woman wants to do. But even though I play a lot of my Jag games, Tempest is by and far in my top 5 games for any system ever. I've got 5 different rotary controllers just for this game. :D

I'm looking for a Nuon so I can finally play the Tempest 3000 I've had for a really long time but never got a Nuon.

Tempest is gaming at its purest, its just perfect.

• Like 1