IGNORED

Does the 7800 have horizontal adjustment?

RangerG

I just got a 7800 from the Marketplace here. It is from Best Electronics, a/v modded with the Euro OS upgrade. It works and looks great. But, the picture from the 7800 on my television is slightly to the right (about 1/4-1/2 inch). This must be the console or the upgrade in that other consoles don't do it on the television and the 7800 also does it on a monitor. I can adjust to counter this on the monitor, but not the television. It isn't a big deal, but is there a way to make a horizontal adjustment on the 7800? Anyone else's system or mod do this?

I don't think so. The 7800 display supports just the 320 pixel window, there's no positioning register for the screen H-start.

I guess it might be possible that the inbuilt BIOS+Asteroids positions objects further to the right but that shouldn't affect other carts.

• 4 weeks later...

I rechecked everything and it was the tv. It was too the left on the monitor, but this was by chance and easily adjusted on a Commodore monitor. The tv screen was starting to go, as it got worse and then the whole picture started to lean upward. Just wanted to repost to say it was not the Best electronics mod, which I really like.

• Like 1