IGNORED

Acquired new sealed copy of Protector SE...I was wondering ?

Stephen g

Iv looked around but can't seem to find a real answer...so please bare with ..

Iv purchased a sealed new copy of Protector SE, it comes with a cd attached... What is the cd for . . ..? I know it says demo of some game on it, but is there anything on this cd the game requires to work 100% with...

I don't yet have the jag CD player, so I don't want to open up the game only to find that I need the cd drive also for stuff like in game music and levels ?

If that's the case I'll just keep game sealed untill I either find a decent priced cd drive or if not I'll sell game on. As long as I got what I payed for it I'll be happy.

Any advise would be good guys..Regards

Edited by Stephen g

Protector SE comes with a demo of the unfinished game NATIVE on CD. It`s just a nice bonus, Protector SE will play fine (no: great!) without this CD. So open it and enjoy one of the best games of the Jaguar. And if you are lucky and find a decently priced CD attachment you might want to try the Native demo...

that cd is in there so that you can test the cartridges cd bypass functionality i would expect.

in my opinion the native cd needs to be redone and encrypted so that it boots itself, no one seems to revisit these older games and keep them up to date with the latest discoveries (encryption routines)

same with that iffy soul star cd floating about on ebay. i did that one myself and put it out there again! for free

I'll keep saying it until everyone has a working Jag CD. Best sells guaranteed (for 90 days) refurbished Jaguar CD units for 149.00. That is rather reasonable IMO.

http://www.best-electronics-ca.com/jaguar.htm

As far as the Jag Ad's CD, that contains the location of the remaining crystal skulls. However, you need the Jag CD to discover their location and unlock the portal, so you best go get yourself one now.

Just trying to figure out how you order lol.. I live in the uk so will they give me a price for delivery etc... Also what about custom fees ?

Send them an email per their instructions: Atari General Information, Atari Sales, Atari Customer support Main E-Mail address: bestelec@concentric.net

Contact Information:

Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday 1:30pm to 5:00pm PST

(International Customers when calling in to us, remember your local day may be a day ahead or behind us depending on your location in the world.)

Telephone:

(408) 278-1070 (Hours above) Current Pacific Standard Time is:

FAX:

(408) 278-1092 (7 Days / 24 Hours)

E-FAX:

(815) 364-3703 (7 Days / 24 Hours)

Postal address:

Best Electronics 672 Commercial Street San Jose, CA 95112-1406

Because of the big volume of Spam E-Mails we receive everyday, we had to install E-Mail Spam filters on our server. When sending an E-Mail to Best, Please put the word "Atari", Atari item or Atari part number, Atari Question or Atari Sales inquiry in the Subject line. E-Mails with the typical Spam subject matter like: Urgent, Must read, Regarding, FWD, HTML Code, Blank subject line (RE:) or other SPAM E-Mail Subject lines you receive, will be automatically deleted on our E-Mail Server and never reach us.

After sending your E-Mail to us, if you do not hear back from us within a day or less, please resend your E-Mail inquiry with a different Subject matter information or from a different E-Mail address. We do 100% respond to every Atari E-Mail we receive. But sometimes Spam Filters on your Internet Service Provider or your own personal E-Mail Spam software filter you have installed may delete or send our return Atari E-Mail to your Trash can.

Atari General Information, Atari Sales, Atari Customer support Main E-Mail address: bestelec@concentric.net

Edited by kevincal
  • Like 1

Limit one per customer. The atari nazi (Brad) told me If I tried to buy another one with my the same card or have it sent to the same address, I would be cut off for a year. No soup for you!

This. Read up on Brad's policies/tantrums here-

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/213582-best-electronics-problem-with-ordering/

And make sure you do not make a mistake the first time, especially since you aren't a United States resident. Otherwise you'd have to wait a year in order to place your order again.

Hopefully you can learn from everyone else's mistakes. I made the mistake of being repetitive with few changes to the order I inquired about each time. And this was some time after a successful order I had already placed with him.

Oh, and expect the shipping price to be through the roof.

Limit one per customer. The atari nazi (Brad) told me If I tried to buy another one with my the same card or have it sent to the same address, I would be cut off for a year. No soup for you!

Man, really? I've been buying two of everything I buy now. After my Cannon Fodder game gave me trouble, I try to buy an extra of all the homebrews. I don't go nuts, I just buy an extra... one so I can keep it pristine in the original packaging, and one so I can play the hell out of it. I did that for Impulse-X.

Iv got a price, but need to get my own power supply that works with the drive in the UK ? Now I'm really stumped... I assume it's an NTSC drive so it'll be 110, uk are 240...

So anyone have a clue what power supply would work on a NTSC drive in the uk ?

Cheers

A Mega Drive model 1 power supply (or equivalent) is what you need. It runs on a 9v DC (center negative) power supply.

You could also use one of these (the Trio M1 UK):

http://retrogamecave.com/shop/4577155957/sega-trio-international/7293614

I am using a DUO M1 for mine, but it looks like they only have the trio for international so it would have an extra plug on it.

Edited by mickcris
  • Like 1