IGNORED

Team Pixelboy News Bulletin - August 1st 2014

Pixelboy

BTW, Luc has forgot to mention that the first 100 copies of Mecha-8 are sold out, but he is keeping a list for next batch due very soon :)

In case someone has been living in a cave, Mecha-8 is a SHMUP with 6 levels, 6 bosses, tons of enemies, story, and two different endings.

This 128K Megacart game DOESN'T need the Super Game Module to work, but if you have one, it will show the SGM message in the upper right corner of title screen and it will use it to enhance instruments for music and getting echo for sound effects, giving an arcade feeling ;)

BTW, I'm in love with the box artwork of this game. :lust:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsAUDZpJc0A

I'm glad you explicated this. MECHA-8 is a true game-changer for the ColecoVision of 2013 and beyond, bringing perfect, smooth vertical scrolling, and "16-bit style" gaming to our beloved classic console. Game play reminds me of "Mazinger Z", and is a powerhouse work of art for a console from 1982. OTG: You deserve to toot your own horn on this one. Great game, I'm glad Team Pixelboy published it, and it makes perfect sense to see it marketed on the Flashback!

• Like 3

I'm glad you explicated this. MECHA-8 is a true game-changer for the ColecoVision of 2013 and beyond, bringing perfect, smooth vertical scrolling, and "16-bit style" gaming to our beloved classic console. Game play reminds me of "Mazinger Z", and is a powerhouse work of art for a console from 1982. OTG: You deserve to toot your own horn on this one. Great game, I'm glad Team Pixelboy published it, and it makes perfect sense to see it marketed on the Flashback!

Thanks a lot for your comments!

I believe you explained it much better than myself :)

• Like 1

I would be interested in a copy of girls garden if possible.

I hate how I missed out on it the first time around with it's awesome Princess Peach pink cart.

If you happen to find a pink cart laying about don't hesitate to let me know.

Sadly, I don't have any more pink carts, for either Girl's Garden or Peek-a-boo.

I've been maintaining a list of interested people for Girl's Garden and the other games, and I'm waiting to hear back from my contact in Germany to find out how many boxes he still has stashed at this house (Circus Charlie boxes, in particular). Once I have a clear picture of how many unused boxes I have to work with, I'll come up with a pre-ordering plan. Most likely, the "official" offer for these new copies of older Team Pixelboy games will coincide with the release of Joust, Goonies and Subroc Super Game in October. This will allow people to save a little on shipping fees. :)

1 peek a boo pour moi

Noted. :)

Quick update: My friend in Germany found 22 unused Circus Charlie boxes. He did not find any Module Man boxes but after doing some investigating in my e-mail records and sales records, I determined that he should have roughly 40 of them left, so I asked him to look again. I also asked him to look for boxes of Star Force, Golgo 13, Bank Panic and Konami's Ping-Pong. Let's keep our fingers crossed that he will find some. :)

add me for 1 circus charlie s.v.p

Done. :)

Here's another update: My friend in Germany found a stash of unused boxes, which includes some that I wasn't expecting! I asked my friend to ship all the remaining unused boxes to me ASAP. So here's the final count of unused boxes (this includes the boxes that I currently have stored in my own house) with which I can make more copies of all previously-released Team Pixelboy games:

- Gulkave x 35

- Girl's Garden x 52

- Peek-a-boo x 46

- Pitfall II Arcade x 55

- Track & Field x 58

- Destructor SCE x 63

- Circus Charlie x 22

- Star Force x 29

- Golgo 13 x 32

- Ninja Princess x 25

- Bank Panic x 34

- Konami's Ping-Pong x 31

- Wonder Boy x 51

- Mopiranger x 63

- Princess Quest x 7

- The Black Onyx x 84

- Module Man x 64

Concerning Princess Quest, I happen to have a few unused grey cartridge casings, and I will use them for the final 7 new copies of Princess Quest that I plan to manufacture. So those Princess Quest cartridges will be grey instead of silver. It's better than regular black carts, I suppose. :)

As you can see, Gulkave, Circus Charlie, Star Force, Golgo 13, Ninja Princess, Bank Panic, Konami's Ping-Pong and Princess Quest have a rather low box count, so this may be the last opportunity for people to buy those particular games new and CIB. So now I'm faced with a dilemma of sorts...

Many of the people who have pre-ordered a Super Game Module for the second run have not contacted me about SGM games yet. This is quite understandable, as they probably prefer to wait until they (finally) receive their SGM before purchasing any SGM games from Team Pixelboy. Given the long wait for the second run, I would probably do the same in their place.

I'm confident that Opcode Games will ship the second run of SGMs eventually (hopefully before the end of 2014) and I believe that several of those who have pre-ordered a SGM from the second run have never bought any Team Pixelboy games from me in the past. And there lies my dilemma: Several of these new customers could be interested in purchasing my past titles at the same time as they purchase some SGM games, so should I wait until these people manifest themselves, and therefore reserve most of my "new old stock" for these future new customers?

What I think I will do is continue to build up a waiting list from the posts in this thread and also from the PMs sent to me, and these people will have priority when the new copies of the past releases are eventually manufactured. I think that's the simplest way to deal with the situation.

• Like 3

Please put me in for Princess Quest, Wonderboy, Girl's garden, and Pitfall II Arcade. Thanks

Put me down for the following from your updated list:

- Girl's Garden

- Peek-a-boo

- Track & Field

- Destructor SCE

- Circus Charlie

- Golgo 13

- Ninja Princess

- Bank Panic

- Konami's Ping-Pong

All noted. :)