IGNORED

Jag multi IO board

phoenixdownita

I never understood the point of boards like these. You want composite and audio? Buy or build a cable that plugs directly into the Jag. You want s-video with audio? Buy or build a cable that plugs directly into the Jag. Why buy an adapter that plugs into the Jag that you plug your cables into?

You know what else gives composite, svideo and RGB all in one board? The back of the Jaguar. I guess I'm in the minority on this one. These devices don't actually add anything the console doesn't natively provide.

Network linking is the big 'addition' on that board, but I guess how desperate you are for that capability will determine whether you are willing to pay that much for it.

• Like 1

Wow, that looks very interesting. Would love to get one just for the challenge/fun of building a case for it.

Would be nice to know who's behind it. Products made & sold by users have extra value to me.

I like to support fellow members.

• Like 1

I noticed this on ebay last night and got a kick out of it. There is an enhanced version with an Atari Monitor out and headphone jacks with volume control. I like the choice of red/blue LED's as well.

I'm more tempted to just get an S-Video Cable these days, especially since Jaglinks are cheap, but if they made this a little more aesthetically pleasing I would be tempted. It needs a more compact board and housing of some sort..

You know what else gives composite, svideo and RGB all in one board? The back of the Jaguar. I guess I'm in the minority on this one. These devices don't actually add anything the console doesn't natively provide.

Your position is custom cables for just what you need - a custom video cable, a custom link cable... if you just need one or two cables and they are readily available, that's a good position. This board takes the position of one custom board, and ALL cables are standard. You'll never not find a cable since they're standard and cheap. If you want more of the outputs, or if you can't find a cable (at all or at a decent price), this board may be better. Maybe. At least it gives you another choice instead of being forced into custom cables.

• Like 1

Wasn't a forum-member named jmetal88 busy with fabricating something like this?

I am, actually, but the project 'belongs' to another individual. I'm aiming to make it a little more impressive than the one in that eBay link, hopefully.

EDIT: Actually work stalled on it for a while due to school, my job, and personal circumstances (following my delivery of the first prototype), but I'll be attempting some major revisions to the design this next week that will hopefully work out well.

Edited by jmetal88
  • Like 1

I am, actually, but the project 'belongs' to another individual. I'm aiming to make it a little more impressive than the one in that eBay link, hopefully.

EDIT: Actually work stalled on it for a while due to school, my job, and personal circumstances (following my delivery of the first prototype), but I'll be attempting some major revisions to the design this next week that will hopefully work out well.

Cool man, thanks for working on something Jag related. I'd love to support it if it comes to fruition.

Have any pics of that first prototype? :)

• Like 1

Cool man, thanks for working on something Jag related. I'd love to support it if it comes to fruition.

Have any pics of that first prototype? :)

I did, but they seem to have wound up deleted. I still have the second prototype that I'd been working on here, but it's kind of hacked up and has jumper wires soldered on from where I was trying to find the best way to solve a couple of problems with it. If I remember about it, I'll dig it out and take a new picture of it later.

i guess thats kind of nice if you connect your jaguar to a bunch of different setups and each use different generic cables (s-video/composite/rgb). especially if you also want to network as jaglink cables are getting kind of expensive (strange, they used to be next to worthless).

i don't like the looks of it tbh though, besides the lack of a casing as others noted, the led's look like they'd be distracting although in guessing they could be removed. it's length seems pretty reasonable though, would like to see less width and a nice case and for the same price i don't think i'd hesitate considering it would take any concern out of possibly rewiring my jaguar setup in the future.

I like the fact it's as wide as the Jaguar. Would look more aesthetically pleasing (with color/plastic/styling matched case) than a more narrow aluminum case ala the Catbox IMHO. This thing has great potential! Give it the cut-out or "ribbed" side vents as the Jaguar itself and you'd really have something. :love:

Think of the TG-16 its TurboBooster add-on would have looked silly had it been a third of the width and made of entirely different materials. Come to think of it, most of the TG-16/PC Engine peripherals are butt ugly and mismatched as it is. :lol:

• Like 1

Looks pretty cool, nice to see things like this for the jaguar being made. My jaguar is well below the display and the blue lights face down so it wouldn't be too distracting. I dont think I really need this tho, I like using a scart cable to component to lcd. I like that xrgb thingy on Solaris japan site but it is like 300 $ + Anyways, nice find on ebay. :)

Edited by ovalbugmann
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

The Deluxe model he said would be arriving on August 20th are finally up.

DX Boards

I just bagged 2 to test out. There's only one left.

Now that looks freaking cool!! If more of those are made I will definitely snap one up.

You could get RGB out of that VGA cable right to your TV correct?

• 2 weeks later...

These arrived yesterday :cool:

post-2188-0-76296800-1412115863_thumb.jpgpost-2188-0-83347100-1412115874_thumb.jpg

Here's some pics of one running w/ LEDs lit up.

Top down view-couldn't get all of it bc the Jag is 'mounted' in front of an entire car audio system I use when watching movies. (modified it with a Pyramid PSV-300 & custom power feed switch to run off 110AC 8) but that's another forum lol)

post-2188-0-90183400-1412116064_thumb.jpg

Two from the side

post-2188-0-06541100-1412116132_thumb.jpgpost-2188-0-10151300-1412116141_thumb.jpg

The other side w/ the Composite out. The Video one blocks the Jag's base unit PSU plug :thumbsdown:

post-2188-0-02599200-1412116306_thumb.jpg

Also, the lack of a RS232 port makes me sick now that they're actually here :woozy: These would be GREAT for networking or a brightly lit Jaguar's ass and the headphone jack is very convenient for the auxiliary input on the car audio system. Making the walls rattle with Kobayashi Maru at the moment. Gonna have the laser firing sound stuck in my head for hours.. again :thumbsup:

All things considered, definitely worth the $74.95 imo.