IGNORED

3DS collectors...I'm talking to YOU!

So, for those out there that collect for the 3DS, I was wondering how and what you collect for the system. I'm curious if you've collected bundles, individual systems from different areas of the world, specific game types, complete games, reduced price games, specific genres, etc. How do you protect your 3DS? Full body armor? Screen protectors? And lastly, how do you display your 3DS if you do so, or are you too busy playing to display it, or play one system and display your others?

I have a nice, small collection of 3DS games now, and my 3DS is protected with Crystal Armor, and I bought extra styluses. What do you guys and gals do out there with your 3DS systems? Are you generally pleased with your collection or are you looking for the collectors items that Nintendo releases once in awhile? What are you looking forward to in the near future?

Steve

I play my 3DS. I guess you could say I collect for it, but I don't see it that way yet.

I do have a Pikachu 3DS XL now, though. It's the system I use as my main 3DS. I just keep it protected by leaving it in the stock pouch it came packaged in. I don't really take my handhelds anywhere. I just play at home. So it's enough to keep the dust off it.

I don't really display my portables. For that matter, I don't really display my systems. I used to, but I found it was too annoying to re-hook up everything / keep them dust free. Now i have shelving and closed cabinets for everything to sit in. The systems that won't get damaged easily like the Xbox One, sits on the shelf. Systems like my PC Engine Duo R sit in the cabinet hooked up, ready to play, but out of direct sun light / dust fall.

I don't use screen protectors on my portables. I did at first, but I found all it did was tick me off. All I'd see were bubbles, and the stylus on the protector didn't feel the same. I can't say I've ever scratched any touch screen or portable screen since the original GameBoy, so I'd assume those are for people who really lay into their gaming equipment. That's .. not me.

I've restarted my 3DS collection recently when I sold my last XL. But I got this boxed Pikachu edition cheap at the same time I started wanting some new releases. Currently, I don't have much, but I have Animal Crossing, Tomodachi Life, and Kirby Triple Deluxe, all of which I got on sale today. I also picked up a DS copy of Kirby Super Star Ultra for cheap.

Out of the club not too long ago I had enough coins to earn a Gold member award, so I downloaded the original Metroid for my Virtual Console. It's nice that I can carry around the old classics with me and play them whenever I want. The crystal armor I got had Super Mario 3D Land on it...but the funny thing was I didn't have the game until month later. lol I'm also not really collecting for the system yet, if ever, as I'd rather play it and enjoy the titles. Of course I don't get the latest (usually) right away and wait for a bit, but I might make an exception for the new "Fantasy Life" game coming out in a couple of months, and perhaps for Smash Bros as well.

Anyone interested in either of these two titles that are coming up? Fantasy Life looks really fun.

I have 7 games for my 3DS XL so I'm not a collector for it.

I carry it in one of the Nintendo pouches you can purchase for coins from Club Nintendo. No screen protector or anything else to protect it.

I do turn it on and carry it in the car on out of town trips just to see how many spot passes I can get (I've gotten quite a few from several states)

I play it occasionally but not on a regular basis.

I also don't protect the bottom screen. The only game I have that's kind of rough on it is Tomodachi Life, and even that's not bad as long as you're not trying to punch the stylus through to the other side. ;) I play this thing every day, but alas don't have that many street passes to speak of. I did at first, but seems to have dried up for the last month or so.