IGNORED

Evie sound board

foft

I was watching this video on Evie the other day: (http://youtu.be/XizUve6Wjmk) Looks like a nice sound board! Pokey+Sid+Covox. Wonder if there is room for Paula in there, since covox timing is painful.

Does anyone know more about it? Particularly interested if the Sid core has filters and is open. Is it mapped at the same addresses as slight Sid?

• Like 3

From some of the videos, the audio program recognizes 2 POKEYs. I'm curious if that means it's recognizing the original POKEY and the FPGA, or if the FPGA is emulating Dual POKEYs. If that's the case, maybe it could emulate Quad POKEY and thus the audio from Atari's Star Wars arcade game could be back ported to the A8 port.

I'm also curious if the FPGA could do Dual SIDs or possibly SID and POKEY at the same time.

I haven't read all 4 pages of the forum but the members apparently do not seem to know that a lot of Atari arcade games used Quad POKEY. So if this board can do Quad POKEY and Dual SID at once [not to mention the other chip; although it would be cooler if it could emulate Voltrax], that's incredibly awesome. There'd be a market for the board with owners of Atari arcade games as well, in addition to Atari and Commodore computer enthusiasts.

I don't know if anyone's done Pokey to the point of including keyscan, pots and serial though I imagine the missing stuff wouldn't be too much effort vs doing the sound 100% accurately.

Though the board on the video there has a Pokey so I imagine the primary one is still present.

Edited by Rybags

Apparently later in the thread it says 2 pokeys were removed to make room.

AY/YM (ZX-spectrum / Atari ST sound chip) was added also.

- $d2e0-$d2ef - AY (R/W)

- $d2f0 - AY - read data/register select

- $d2f1 - AY - write data

- $d2ff - config reg:

bit 3 - AY clock select, 0 - 1.77MHz, 1 - 2MHz,

I don't know if anyone's done Pokey to the point of including keyscan, pots and serial though I imagine the missing stuff wouldn't be too much effort vs doing the sound 100% accurately.

I have:) Though I've not connected it to a real 6502 yet. Edited by foft

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...