IGNORED

Ultra Star Raiders-What is the reality here?

Lost Dragon

Seems like someone is taking the "unreleased games" list a bit too seriously ... especially after 25 years has passed.

Remember the Jaguar FAQ's list of "unreleased games?"

Hey - I have a bunch of ideas for Jag games that I never got around to working on. Can I add them all to the FAQ?

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Looking back through some old files of mine, i spotted an interview with a very young Jeff Minter (aged 21 ) whom having just finished coding Revenge Of The Mutant Camels, hinted his next game would be something along the lines of Star Raiders as he loved that and loved the (original) TV series, Battlestar Galactica.

This was back in 1984.

As far as i am aware his only attempt at doing a Star Raiders type game was for the Panther, yet he's often referenced his love for Star Raiders, so it puzzles me why to this day he's only ever had the 1 crack at it, despite working on the ST, Falcon and Jaguar.

• 1 year later...

Necrobump but.. 

Traced the claim Jeff was doing Star Raiders 2000 back to a strong potential source. 

ST Format issue 60

And  i quote... 

'Currently working on a sound-to-light synthesiser for the Jaguar CD-Rom, with his next game rumored to be Star Raiders 2000'. 

So, a classic case of press speculation being reported as fact and a total mix up of platforms, Jaguar replacing Lynx?.