IGNORED

Anyone have an extra silver/black case shell?

dphirschler

I get the idea that many people on this forum have several TI computers each. I myself have three, lol. All three of mine are beige. I’ve decided I want to go classic and get a silver/black one. Any chance somebody here has a shell plus keyboard they can part with for cheap? Or maybe trade for beige? Funny, that silver/black design looked so dated next to the beige consoles back in the 80's, and now they look so good. Silver/black made a comeback!

Darryl

I get the idea that many people on this forum have several TI computers each. I myself have three, lol. All three of mine are beige. I’ve decided I want to go classic and get a silver/black one. Any chance somebody here has a shell plus keyboard they can part with for cheap? Or maybe trade for beige? Funny, that silver/black design looked so dated next to the beige consoles back in the 80's, and now they look so good. Silver/black made a comeback!

I might be interested in trading a working black/silver for a non-2.2 beige console. I have one beige, already, but a second one would be nice.

And it is true: black is the new beige! I have seen some consoles with the silver trim removed, too.

OK, I am up for it if you are! I prefer black with the silver still attached, please. Couple things, how do I verify it's not a v2.2? I don't think it is, but I'd like to know for sure. Also, you already know the keyboard doesn't work. Well, '1' and '2' work, lol.

Darryl

The metal fingers in the expansion port are the physical tell-tale. If they are brass-colored, it is the regular, non-v2.2. If they are dull metal aluminum-like colored, it is a v2.2 "QI" model.

If you get video from it, when you turn it on the copyright banner will read "© 1983 TEXAS INSTRUMENTS V2.2".

Edit: Maybe not fully technically accurate. Here it says that it is possible for a QI board to not have the v2.2 lock-out. I would be interested in such a unit, as well. I just do not want that lock-out.

• Like 1

I happen to have a super nice black/silver casing TI w/ keyboard, but I see you two already struck a deal.

Funny thing is, I've been running a black/silver model for 15 years now and have been thinking about going back to the beige since that's the model (non v2.2) I first bought and used BITD. I do have a mint beige model boxed (still has $50 rebate sticker on it, so hoping it's not a 2.2) so will probably break that puppy out soon. Have a mint beige TI cassette recorder for it as well. Too bad they never released a beige speech synthesizer!

• Like 1

I happen to have a super nice black/silver casing TI w/ keyboard, but I see you two already struck a deal.

Funny thing is, I've been running a black/silver model for 15 years now and have been thinking about going back to the beige since that's the model (non v2.2) I first bought and used BITD. I do have a mint beige model boxed (still has $50 rebate sticker on it, so hoping it's not a 2.2) so will probably break that puppy out soon. Have a mint beige TI cassette recorder for it as well. Too bad they never released a beige speech synthesizer!

We got a black/silver unit with a beige program recorder. Was very disappointing. And, yes! a beige speech synthesize would rock!

We got a black/silver unit with a beige program recorder. Was very disappointing. And, yes! a beige speech synthesize would rock!

I think it would be nice if a bunch of us could get together and "crowd fund" getting a mold made of one of these...

gallery_35324_1027_14527.jpg

... then you could put your speech in this...

... and Nano users could mess with it...

... and project guys could play...

... etc.

• Like 2