IGNORED

Paddle Party - 20 Copies Limited Run

So, only 3/20 so far? C'mon guys! These games are fun! I, too, really like Handball Smash, the Easter Egg game, and Air Hockey. Those are the standouts. Still need to give more time to Tennis in Space. The classic Pong games do exactly what others have said : admirably fill that void in the Intellivision catalog (Stonix aside) - but with the nuances you'd expect from an Intellivision version like a bit of color, the animation of setting up the net on the court, spin on the ball, etc.

TBH, I can't recall if I got one or two copies of Paddle Party. I gave away most of the duplicates of the newer games I had last year (which was not many). I'd have to look it up. Budgets and volume make it tough to buy >1 copy for this collector, so keeping shrinkwrapped copies is right out. For those of you who, out of sheer boredom and insanity, have actually read all the little bloggy notes on my website (old content now!), you know that I've had no trouble liberating games from their shrinkwrap. While I do appreciate the beauty of a perfectly preserved game, and can see the allure of the challenge to acquire such gems, I can't help but see it as somewhat tragic. (Think Toy Story 2. I think maybe my copy of Space Patrol has kidnapped my IntelliCart, as I can only find the manual and software disk for the latter right now, and I'm getting on the verge of a panic attack. If you see IntelliCart #84, please contact me!)

Then again, there are some of these old games that would be better off being recycled for new games instead. :P I'm looking a t you, Carnival and Donkey Kong! Among others.

Edited by intvsteve