IGNORED

Sharknado Game (Atari 2600,7800 Programmers)

neotokeo2001

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/228623-programmers-want-an-autograph-cartridge/

I am putting this here to get more exposure.

For years I have been working with Atari 2600 programmers on games made to be autographed by cast members of various Horror and Sci-fi movies.

Games have been made for:

Strangeland

Army of Darkness
Phantasm
Nightmare on Elm Street
Dawn of the Dead
Ghost Hunters
Elvira
and several other movies.

It is that time of year again. In October I will be meeting:

post-3832-0-30620000-1408055562_thumb.jpg

post-3832-0-58177100-1408055568_thumb.jpg

post-3832-0-43526800-1408055579_thumb.jpg

post-3832-0-35267200-1408055587_thumb.jpg

post-3832-0-05130400-1408055588_thumb.jpg

post-3832-0-00686700-1408055598_thumb.jpg

post-3832-0-68581800-1408055598_thumb.jpg

post-3832-0-80046400-1408055608_thumb.jpg

post-3832-0-54609400-1408055609_thumb.jpg

post-3832-0-23860300-1408055610_thumb.jpg

post-3832-0-93978200-1408055610_thumb.jpg

post-3832-0-61033700-1408055611_thumb.jpg

post-3832-0-24341400-1408055612_thumb.jpg

More guest are being added all the time...

If anyone wants to make a game for any system for one of the guest (just use imdb.com to see their movies) just send me a PM for details. Basically, You keep any rights to your game. I just have a few cartridges made to be signed by the people you choose. I will send you a copy of the autographed cartridge for free. The catch, I have cartridges made that I get signed also. The game can be a brand new game that you make or a hack or reprogramming of one of your other games.

Just to be clear. I am not expecting to have top notch completed games done in time for the October show. Several times games such as Strangeland, Army of Darkness and Phantasm were in the proto or single level stage and then were finished after the show. This in no ways lowers the value or collectability of the cartridges. I need to know if you are interested and what game and celebs you are interested in so I can design labels for the game.

• Like 1

But who would it be signed by-- the sharks? ;) Maybe have a special custom cartridge made that's shaped like it's got a bite taken out of it. :)

He could Robbie Rist to sign it. He was the bus driver and did the soundtrack for the movie. Also he was the one that convinced his friend to direct the film.

Sharknado is the worst movie made ever.

Total waste of time and money.

Is this backwards day??

You had et great movie and a not so great game (says some of the public..not me)

Now sharknado the worst movie ever made (says me and tons of other people) and maybe a great game??

He could Robbie Rist to sign it. He was the bus driver and did the soundtrack for the movie. Also he was the one that convinced his friend to direct the film.

They just needed a storyline and people to act. Sharknado it should have ended with the word sharknado. Dumb idea. Not spend millions on it and make it a movie.

The cart should be lumpy. Like her gross stomach.

post-13896-0-79908100-1408144645_thumb.jpg

…awful, just awful! :rolling:

Okay, okay - before you go scouting around for nasty pics of her (and turning this into an anti-Tara thread) - let's just leave it at this, shall we? Best to remember people at their best sometimes. You know… kind of like what we do with Madonna. :)

• Like 3

attachicon.giftara14.jpg

…awful, just awful! :rolling:

Okay, okay - before you go scouting around for nasty pics of her (and turning this into an anti-Tara thread) - let's just leave it at this, shall we? Best to remember people at their best sometimes. :)

It is easy to rip on someone you have no chance of ever meeting. Celebrities have all the same issues normal people have.

• Like 1

I hear she puts out for coke.... so.... j/k... well I'm kidding about the insinuation that you should proposition her, I'm not kidding about her reputation where skiing in the living room is involved and her alternative methods of getting her lift ticket go.

Yeah, I figured the human stars would sign it. :)

As far as never meeting actors, I've met a few in years past at science fiction conventions, although I haven't been to a con in decades. I even rode on the elevator with Freddy Krueger (Robert Englund) and two of Doctor Who's (Peter Davison's) companions-- Tegan (Janet Fielding) and Turlough (Mark Strickson). I didn't speak to them, because I was too "star-struck." I got a laugh out of Mark Strickson's story-- told during one of the sessions-- about how he had to run around in shorts for one Doctor Who episode (I think it was "Planet of Fire"), so everybody on the set started calling him "Legs." When I was getting him to autograph a photo for me, I asked if he'd sign it "Legs," which he did-- although he probably thought I was a bit wacko for asking! :)

Several years ago I met several of the Goonies folks. I'm not usually an autograph hound, but my friends were doing it so I figured I'd bring something along to get signed - Goonies II for the NES.

Sean Astin, upon seeing it, exclaims "cool, Atari!". True story.

And Sean is pretty much the exact age to know the difference. I guess not all rich kids had lots of videogames, like we believed at the time. Richard Donner (the director) didn't even know what it was. He had no idea about most of the licensing of the movie, from what I gathered.

I'm waiting for someone here to give an anecdote of getting Speilberg to sign their 2600 E.T. cart.

Edited by freeweed

Several years ago I met several of the Goonies folks. I'm not usually an autograph hound, but my friends were doing it so I figured I'd bring something along to get signed - Goonies II for the NES.

Sean Astin, upon seeing it, exclaims "cool, Atari!". True story.

And Sean is pretty much the exact age to know the difference. I guess not all rich kids had lots of videogames, like we believed at the time. Richard Donner (the director) didn't even know what it was. He had no idea about most of the licensing of the movie, from what I gathered.

I'm waiting for someone here to give an anecdote of getting Speilberg to sign their 2600 E.T. cart.

For several years all video games were called Atari, kind of like when people call any soda a Coke.

A lot of people involved with movies really do have no idea what all the marketing was. Several times I have had comments about the Atari 2600 games I get signed. From, "I didn't know they actually released it", to looks of shear bewilderment, "What is is?".

I have never heard of a Phantasm game being worked on but according to Don Coscarelli one was in the works for at least the Atari 2600

• Like 1

For several years all video games were called Atari, kind of like when people call any soda a Coke.

Sure, around 1982 that's what we called Coleco and INTV carts. By 1988 or so, "Nintendo" had become the generic term. And in the mid 90s I remember a lot of parents using "Playstations" to refer to any game console (by that point kids were savvy enough to always know the various consoles).

I've just never met anyone who's kept the usage 30 years after it went out of style. That's what was so hilarious about it - like he hadn't been exposed to consumer electronics products in decades.

Sure, around 1982 that's what we called Coleco and INTV carts. By 1988 or so, "Nintendo" had become the generic term. And in the mid 90s I remember a lot of parents using "Playstations" to refer to any game console (by that point kids were savvy enough to always know the various consoles).

I've just never met anyone who's kept the usage 30 years after it went out of style. That's what was so hilarious about it - like he hadn't been exposed to consumer electronics products in decades.

I missed the several years ago somehow.

• Like 1