IGNORED

7800 arcade joystick interest check

UberArcade

I recently made a universal adapter to convert between a few different Joystick standards: Colecovision, D9, NES, etc. Allows me to use any controller with any system (of course controllers with fewer buttons don't do too good a job). Would be easy to connect to or build into a box like this to use with other systems.

Life is full of surprises, but people are free to make and sell whatever they want. A custom joystick isn't anything particularly hard to assemble.

Now for an update:

I picked up the overlays from the printer today. They look great. I will assemble one this weekend and post a picture and price.

I am still waiting on a few joysticks to come in so I am not ready to ship them right now anyway. It takes a little time. These are custom joysticks. If they don't come in soon I will go with another option.

Thanks

• Like 3

Life is full of surprises, but people are free to make and sell whatever they want. A custom joystick isn't anything particularly hard to assemble.

Now for an update:

I picked up the overlays from the printer today. They look great. I will assemble one this weekend and post a picture and price.

I am still waiting on a few joysticks to come in so I am not ready to ship them right now anyway. It takes a little time. These are custom joysticks. If they don't come in soon I will go with another option.

Thanks

I hope you can make it to the market fast enough to beat out any competition from the new fella as I know you have already invested into your project and I really hope you succeed.

I hope you can make it to the market fast enough to beat out any competition from the new fella as I know you have already invested into your project and I really hope you succeed.

Well.. if you are close enough price wise. I will buy yours as you were first.

Some prices would most certainly assist in the matter.

Any thoughts yet as to how much your controller(s) will cost, UberArcade? Your efforts are very much appreciated. Just hard(er) to formulate exactly where I stand with yours (and anyone else's) potential offerings without a price.

This may very well come down to who offers the best price; but then again, each may have a little something the other doesn't offer.

For example, one seller may have a switchable 4/8 way joystick, but the other seller may have better aesthetics.

I have been agonizing about this, so I wanted to speak up....

I have been feeling like a giant a$$hole for springing my controllers on everyone after UberArcade launched this thread and generated all this excitement. I am the new guy and have zero credibility with anyone, but the fact is I have also been working on this project for months, buying parts and tools and spending time on prototypes, artwork, and figuring out the business case. After UberArcade's first post I specifically laid low for several more weeks so as to not step on his toes, but I did not feel like I could wait until his project was done or I would risk not being able to get my own word out in time for the 2014 holiday season.

The main thing is that I do not want anyone to feel like I am trying to disrupt UberArcade's project. His prototype pics look awesome and I hope he can sell those sticks by the dozens at a price that works for all involved. Everyone deserves to play the 7800 with a badass controller!

Best wishes,

Ed

• Like 2

I have been agonizing about this, so I wanted to speak up....

I have been feeling like a giant a$$hole for springing my controllers on everyone after UberArcade launched this thread and generated all this excitement. I am the new guy and have zero credibility with anyone, but the fact is I have also been working on this project for months, buying parts and tools and spending time on prototypes, artwork, and figuring out the business case. After UberArcade's first post I specifically laid low for several more weeks so as to not step on his toes, but I did not feel like I could wait until his project was done or I would risk not being able to get my own word out in time for the 2014 holiday season.

The main thing is that I do not want anyone to feel like I am trying to disrupt UberArcade's project. His prototype pics look awesome and I hope he can sell those sticks by the dozens at a price that works for all involved. Everyone deserves to play the 7800 with a badass controller!

Best wishes,

Ed

Well your post has just clearly stated that you fully intend(ed) to take away from his potential business and sales. That won't exactly go over well here. If you jump in looking to cut someone else's grass you're not going to make many friends and\or customers.