IGNORED

FIAD's or DOAD's / .dsk images or .zip's - Your favorite here!

Omega-TI

Remember back in the old TI User Group day's, when every month someone would bring in a 'favorite disk' and show off to all others? Quite often we would learn something new, or just be dazzled at what someone had been able to accomplish. We would learn about new programs and sometimes find something "we just had to have". It was a whole lot of fun. Wouldn't be kind of neat to re-experience that nostalgic feeling again?

Do you have anything you would like to show? It may be a utility disk, a game disk, a custom setup or a really 'sector edited' special. You may have a program you have written or modified that you are especially proud of. You may have something none of us have ever seen before. or an old sleeper program, long forgotten that you think we should be reminded about.

Let's see what you've got!

While I was going through my stuff to find a suitable disk image to upload to this thread, I came across this old Sierra Online game called "Cross Fire". I don't remember seeing it on any of the usual sites, so I thought I'd upload it here for others to enjoy. I also posted a photo, that way if you recognize it, you'll know you don't need to waste the time downloading it. :)

gallery_35324_1027_11691.jpg

Crossfire.zip

• Like 1

I actually have an original TI Crossfire cartridge using real GROMs. . .I'd known they existed in physical form since 1984 through an announcement in the old IUG newsletter that they had bought up the entire supply to sell to their members, but it took me until 2013 to actually track one of them down. The file has been available the whole time--and it is a game I love to play. . .thanks for remembering it!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Disk I created sometime ago after cracking Quality99's copy protection scheme and combining all the disks I had of theirs onto one disk.

Disk must be named 'QUALITYSOF'.

gallery_29515_833_9650.jpg

attachicon.gifQUALITYSOF.dsk

Gazoo

Ah ha! I had that but it still had the &^$%@##@^# copy protection! I couldn't get it back on a real disk because of that! Thank you thank you thank you!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

THE HERMIT

The original was in a 1987 issue of "Compute!". I adapted it for the TI and added a LOAD screen with a menu that would give you the story, solution, or start the text-adventure. The assembly routine for the nice characters is not mine. Modifications took place in 6.2000; 6.2009; and 1.2011.

Even though text-adventure programs are easier to translate, I was pretty-pleased back then as a 13-year-old kid who understood CALL LOADs (but I now forget was the CALL LOAD(-1,1) was; created a menu; had story and solution files (from the magazine); and created a data-file that the main program accesses. Without it, the program was too-big and there are only about 70 bytes left now.

I had a separate posting here for the game -- and it's up on the TI GAMESHELF -- but I'm placing it here again for the Halloween season.

Hermit, The.zip

Edited by GratedTopping
  • Like 6

I actually have an original TI Crossfire cartridge using real GROMs. . .I'd known they existed in physical form since 1984 through an announcement in the old IUG newsletter that they had bought up the entire supply to sell to their members, but it took me until 2013 to actually track one of them down. The file has been available the whole time--and it is a game I love to play. . .thanks for remembering it!

wow! Can you share a picture of the cartridge? Never seen that one before. So is this a GPL game or are the GROMs used for storing data? With all the new Cartridge PCBs around perhaps a limited repro run could be done. With a nice looking label that would work out very nice.

I actually showed it in one of the videos taken at the Chicago Faire last year. It doesn't have a final label on it (it is a standard TI ptototype label). I also let the librarian read it out so that we'd have an available copy of the raw ROM/GROM dumps out in the community. And the UberGROM is perfect for this style of repro runs. It can be easily used to repro any cart TI did. One of my original reasons for doing the design was so that I could put some of the ultra-rare protos onto real iron cartridges (TI Calc, the Disney games, Lasso, Crossfire, Plant Genetics, etc.).

• Like 2

• 7 months later...