IGNORED

What uses this power supply?

Rik

One thing I learned is to label all the various power supplies I have. They can easily be mixed up where you forget what used what. I matched up all my adapters last night but i can't figure out what this adapter powers. It looks like a Flashback power adapter or something similar, or maybe it wasn't used for Atari stuff at all. Anyone know? Thankspost-7407-0-16804000-1408910437_thumb.jpg

Specs

Recoton power adapter

model# KW10106

Input 120 VDC 60Hz 2W

Output 9VDC

Current: DC 100mA

Thanks Krslam, at least i know it's not for any of my Atari stuff i have. I buy most stuff loose, so it's easy to mix things up if they're not labeled. My Flashback 3 power supply has Atari on it, which is very helpful. A lot of other things like portable DVD players often use adapters not built by the same maker or do not have their company name on them. I just wasn't sure if that's the case with Atari stuff.

That charger isn't close to Atari/Pong age, nor does it have enough power to really handle anything vintage. It's almost certainly a phone cradle charger as already mentioned.

My drawer of miscellaneous adapters has tons of these kinda plugs. Weird amperage ratings, but usually one of a small handful of connectors. This one is quite possibly the most common connector of all time, so if you can find something that can live on only a trickle of power, it's handy to keep around. Some portable famiclones and the like may work with it.