IGNORED

Star Wars Arcade 8 bit pre production found!

swlovinist

My friend scored this today. I have tested it for him and compared it to the standard release cart and did not see any differences vs. the final release. He is not selling the cart but did want a ballpark estimate on value. Thought I would share a pic. I have seen this type of label before on other parker brothers preproduction items.

post-7241-0-60246800-1408935360_thumb.jpg

If anyone knows of any bugs the original had, I could test this one to see if they have been corrected.

I don't know of any.

There's a bit of a mystery as to what the difference between RLS and FIN is when it comes to PB protos. FIN is obviously FINAL and RLS is Release, but I've seen several RLS.1's that were the same as the final version. We also have the odd RLS.2 that pops up now and then. If I had to take a guess I'd say that RLS was a release candidate and sometimes bugs were found and corrected so we get RLS.2. When the release candidate was determined to be good it was labeled FIN.1.