Photo

SAMS usage in Assembly

102 replies to this topic

#101 fabrice montupet OFFLINE  

fabrice montupet

Moonsweeper

• 408 posts

Posted Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:08 PM

My 99/5C looks like it will be shipping in the next week or so, and I want to make sure I understand the memory mapping correctly.  Since it has 9938 capability, I am going to look at what I can accomplish with the TIPI with the 99/5C to get at least 80 column ANSI capability working with Mass Transfer.

"99/5C" ?  What it means?

#102 BeeryMiller OFFLINE  

BeeryMiller

Dragonstomper

• 728 posts

Posted Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:18 PM

Eric Firestone has developed a new computer on an approximate 6" by 6" board.  It emulates a TI-99/4A with an IDE hard drive, 1 MB AMS memory, VGA, 3 wire RS232, USB keyboard, USB mouse interfaced to the 9938, SID, 4 Myarc floppies, and supports most all of the modules out there.  It's a hardware take-off of PC99.  It has a cartridge slot, along with PEBox/firehose interface. A few more details are at: http://caddelectroni...duct/cadd-995c/ .  It's got like 4 microprocessors on board to handle everything.

It is not cheap at $799 USD, but has quite a bit of potential.  I'm getting one of the prototypes to be replaced/traded with the final version when his next run comes in.  He is also developing a couple of other boards to attach to opto-isolate the board from the PEBox or cartrdge port.

Eric has also hinted it may be able to emulate more than just the TI-99/4A which also stoked some extra interest on my part.  Nothing else I am aware for anything other than a TI-99/4A has been done to this point in time.  I'm waiting for the next offering of Matt's sidecar TIPI to add that to the setup, then it would be internet ready!

Beery

• RXB likes this

#103 fabrice montupet OFFLINE  

fabrice montupet

Moonsweeper

• 408 posts

Posted Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:32 PM

Thank you for these informations. I didn't heard about it before. 

It's emulation via modern ARM microprocessors .  I Hoped it was a real true TI-99 computer with mythical components

Edited by fabrice montupet, Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:33 PM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users