Me and Xuel want to kindly show you our game contribution for this year ABBUC software contest.
We didn?t had much time to create a totally new game but we still had much work in having this working.
The original game comes from BBC/Electron in the 80s but their version was all done in bitmap mode similar to ours GR.15 so we decided that to give A8 justice we should use our charmode GR.12/ANTIC4 5colours, DLIs, ours PMGs so we had to:
- Ported the BBC Micro 6502 code for the game and the OS?s sound routines to the A8;
- Create a new status bar;
- Redesign some enemy pixels and changes their bit-pairs so that they look different and coloured different from eachother(s);
- All levels have different colours and the terrain distinguish from the buildings;
- Hi-Scores screen new text and coloured text;
- Added ABBUC and PMGs to coloured the loading screen and add a white losding progress bar;
So many new things and ended up in many/most of the game code and gfxs had to be redesigned.
Lots more we could say but most important is that you like it.
Here?s some screens by now:
Xuel is preparing a video but he?s busy now working with the final small things in the code to send ABBUC?s the game. Soon you?ll see it?
[size=4]P.s.- Ah! And this year the game is FINISHED! (O.K. maybe we do some music after the contest that we hadn't time now)
Edited by José Pereira, Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:54 AM.