IGNORED

ATX image

devwebcl

Hi all,

Anybody has any details of ATX disk image ?

Does it have any similarity to ATR ?

Regards,

Devwebcl

I thought .ATX files are images of copy protected disks, sorta like Atarimax .PRO images. I've played with 'Atari VAPI', which runs the .ATX images. I tried renaming a .ATX file to .ZIP and

my unzipper doesn't recognize it. Hmm... lemme see if .ATX files I have load in APE. They load in the A800WP that is in the Atari VAPI folder I have. It has been a long time since

I played with Atari VAPI.

APE doesn't recognize an .ATX file, neither does my 'regular' A800WP4. So, I think an .ATX image is like I said, copy protected image to run in A8WP found in Atari VAPI.

Edited by russg

I thought .ATX files are images of copy protected disks, sorta like Atarimax .PRO images. I've played with 'Atari VAPI', which runs the .ATX images. I tried renaming a .ATX file to .ZIP and

my unzipper doesn't recognize it. Hmm... lemme see if .ATX files I have load in APE. They load in the A800WP that is in the Atari VAPI folder I have. It has been a long time since

I played with Atari VAPI.

APE doesn't recognize an .ATX file, neither does my 'regular' A800WP4. So, I think an .ATX image is like I said, copy protected image to run in A8WP found in Atari VAPI.

russg,

Looks like you were correct in your post #3.

.PRO disk images are copy protected images created by Atarimax Ape Software.

.ATX disk images are copy protected images created by the VAPI project.

Thanks Farb for your link.