IGNORED

Arcade style cabinets for store?

Video

Well, I got a store for movies, games, cards, whatever pretty much anything to do with entertainment, and at the moment, I have a table set up with various consoles on it to play with.

I was just thinking, wwould it be cool to maybe build arcade style cabinets or something for them? Right now I only have a few systems set up, would you go with a full sized cabinet, or maybe a table top stule? Stick with something thin with flat screen TV's or a bigger one with crt?

Would you just have a regular game controller on there, or make an arcade style controller? (I'd probably skip the latter for newer consoles)

Anyhow, just curio9us what people thought. Is there some plans for one?

Mostly it's just a hobby, but I'm also thinking of a way to keep all the systems sorted properly and not have just tangles of cords everywhere :P

A short-lived video game store near my house had a couch and a Sega Saturn located in the front of the store. I do not recall what, if any, enclosure was used for the console, but it was always busy. Of course not all of the game players spent money in the store...

Nextwave Games in Edmonton has one or two full-size arcade games in their Westwood store.

that's cool, I'm mostly wanting something set up so people can kind of playtest stuff before buying, but it's as much awareness as anything. [edit] and I expect having something set up for general people to come and play will attract more people anyways :P

Edited by Video