IGNORED

Help identifying an ST game

awhite2600

I hope that someone in this forum can help me to identify an old ST game. I never had an ST back in the day - I was always a Commodore guy. In the late 80's I shared a place with a couple of people while in school. One guy had the first release of the ST with both monochrome and color monitors. I think this was before TOS was in ROM - had to be loaded from disk.

The game ran in monochrome only. It was some sort of puzzle game. I think you had to piece pictures together. There was a little head indicator (might have been the mouse pointer) that would nod yes or no depending on your move. I remember that I really liked the background music.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Sorry guys. I wasn't being vague on purpose. I only have a very slight memory of the game. I mostly remember the little nodding head and the fact that I REALLY liked the background music. This was not an action or arcade style game at all. It was some sort of puzzle game - putting pieces of a picture together like a jigsaw puzzle or perhaps even a "concentration" style game.

At the time I was bragging about the music capabilities of the Amiga and even the C-64. For some reason I thought that this game had some of the best music I had heard from an ST. The game used the native sound chip, not MIDI.

The game would have been available around or before the summer of 1986 - which is when I saw it. So Oxyd with it's 1990 copyright date is too new. The game only ran in monochrome mode on a mono monitor.

Thanks.

I think I know the one you're talking about. It was indeed a puzzle game. You had to piece together a puzzle that contained about 20 pieces, and that completed puzzle would then shrink down and become just one piece of an even bigger puzzle, and so on, and so on... I think there were about 10 levels in total. It started with a puzzle of an eye, which went back into a face, which went back into a man at the side of a road, which continued on back until you were in outer space.

I have this game on my ST, but can't for the life of me remember what the name was... I seem to recall it just being called "Puzzle" or something like that. I will check when I get home from work tonight to see if I can find it.

The nodding head thing was an icon which changed depending on whether you wanted to "Play" or "Quit" (if you hovered your mouse over the play button, the head would nod, but if you hovered over the quit button, the head would shake).

I was addicted to this puzzle game for a long time myself....

I think I know the one you're talking about. It was indeed a puzzle game. You had to piece together a puzzle that contained about 20 pieces, and that completed puzzle would then shrink down and become just one piece of an even bigger puzzle, and so on, and so on... I think there were about 10 levels in total. It started with a puzzle of an eye, which went back into a face, which went back into a man at the side of a road, which continued on back until you were in outer space.

I have this game on my ST, but can't for the life of me remember what the name was... I seem to recall it just being called "Puzzle" or something like that. I will check when I get home from work tonight to see if I can find it.

The nodding head thing was an icon which changed depending on whether you wanted to "Play" or "Quit" (if you hovered your mouse over the play button, the head would nod, but if you hovered over the quit button, the head would shake).

I was addicted to this puzzle game for a long time myself....

In fact, I think this is the one (if you look close, you can see the animated mouse/nodding head in the middle of the screenshot)

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-st-puzzlepuzzle_23268.html

Skarro. You rock! Your description sounds very familiar. I've had this game stuck in my head for years. (Edit: Wow. It's been 28 years since I first saw this game.) For some reason I just want to see it again and hear the music.

Now i need to get an ST emulator running and try the image from Atarimania.

Thanks so much!

Edited by awhite2600