IGNORED

Atari ST Gamer Magazine

Greyfox

A very cool video has been put up for the magazine from the Joy of Sticks him self and thought I'd share it with everybody here, please consider subscribing to his great channel :)

here's the video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFxZitzgVE4

and a special thanks to everybody who grabbed a copy, without your support the magazine wouldn't be what it is. And for a show of thanks I might have something special in the pipeline for those who took the chance in buying a copy, so you'll have to wait and see what in store :)

Kind regards

Darren.

Edited by Greyfox
  • Like 1

I did 'consider' tracking down Tiertex coders for interview for ST Gamer, but then realised i'd never really gotten into likes of HKM, Strider 2, Last Duel, Indy Jones:Last Crusade.Never played Dynasty Wars or UN Squadron on ST, nor Mercs or Strider (those 2 i hammered on Genesis), so probably was'nt the best person to do an interview with them. (I always try and restrict interviews to people who's games i really poured hours into). Oh and i hate Alien Storm.

But hopefully someone out there could 'pen' a decent article for Vol 2.

Lol, well firstly thanks "TheNameOfTheGame" for your feedback and delighted you loved the magazine, you all are the type of guys who it's being made for ;) so delighted that you loved it.

As regards to the Tiertex feature, I'd love to have something like this included, I think it would make a brilliant article and would have no problem including it for you guys, if there was somebody available to write it or if possible include mini interview within the feature as well. So if any of you feel you could be up to the challenge either as single entity and a team effort on it, I would most certainly consider including it in issue 2, the only rule is it would need to be in for December/ early January as I'm hoping to release issue 2 in February 2015, so the clock is ticking :)

Also if anyone else wants to contribute an article to the magazine of interest and relevance to it, I would love to here from you also, as with issue 2 will be the final issue run of Atari ST gamer magazine and really want to go all out and you guys can be involved too. All I can offer at this time would be a free copy of issue 2 for your efforts and if we break the bank in sales a little beer money thrown your way also.

Have a good one guys and thanks again

Kind Regards

Darren.

• Like 1

@TheNameOfTheGame:

Just started 'throwing' misc research stuff Greyfox's way in name of all things Tiertex (names of coders involved, timescales, ST involvement in conversions, whhat was left out and why in games etc etc.) Hopefully it'll be of use to him/anyone looking to write an article on them.
The more minds working on it, the better the level of research etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so:

In past 48 HRS...i've forwarded 3 interviews to Greyfox for possible inclusion in ST Gamer Vol. 2 or they might appear online, or both :-)

'Shorter' than my average interviews, but time is an issue for myself and the good folk involved, but light shed on 1 'lost' ST/Amiga game from 1 interview alone, a lost GB game on another so very glad i carried them out and appreciate the insights from those i spoke to.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Download link has been forwarded to you pal,

Hope you enjoy the magazine and many thanks again for your support of Atari ST Gamer magazine, and hope to release issue 2 next year for you all to enjoy :)

And for those you haven't grabbed a copy yet, if you love the Atari ST computer? Then I think you'll love this this too.

Kind regards

Darren.

• Like 1

Thanks for the support and link has been sent., it was a wonderful and very nostalgic process creating ST gamer magazine and something I hoped would carry across to you all when reading it. Only a handful of things are worth the effort and in my opinion this is one of them and if I've brought back great memories to you the readers, than I've done my job :)

Cheers

Darren.

• Like 1

I just did a quick scan of the mag. I like what I see so far.

In the future I'd like to see articles about the ST emulation scene, new ST hardware (floppy emulators\SD readers) and Atari classic arcade conversions on the ST (Moon Patrol, Joust, Missle Command..etc.

Keep up the good work!

• Like 2

Thank you ever so much for your support, I'm over whelmed by the response to the magazine and all the people who have supported it, you are all true Atarians in my book. :)

Thanks for everything

Kind regards

Darren.

• Like 1

It's fantastic to read yet more kind words and support for ST Gamer on this very forum.

Thanks to these and those of Greyfox himself in the past 12 months alone, my 'plans' for 2015 have changed, drastically in terms of what i'd planned for various Retro communities.I'll continue to post snippets on Lost Atari games on here and likes of GTW/Unseen 64 as/when they come in, you've still the 3 interviews i did exclusively for ST Gamer vol 2 to read and hopefully enjoy...

But i'm now providing 'content' (interviews) for another 2 publications as well as ST Gamer.More details as/when said interviews go live, but i hope where possible, readers of ST Gamer will get to enjoy these as well.

My deepest thanks yet again to all the readers, to those who gave freely of their time to be interviewed and to Greyfox himself for getting me into this 'game'.

No need to thank me, I only opened up the opportunity and was delighted and hoping you'd continue to do the wonderful and enlightening interviews and lost game coverage so many got wrong in the past and set the record straight on a lot of it, for which I'm very thankful for as I'm sure the Communities are. Atari ST Gamer magazine issue 2 will be available in the new year at some stage, so it's not the end of this wonderful 16-bit just yet. So I'll finish of by wishing everyone here at Atari Age a wonderful Christmas and an Amazing Happy New Year to you all for the both the support and fantastic comments my Magazines have received since they were released.

Again Thank you All and Lost Dragon for all the input over the last year.

Kind regards

Darren.

• Like 2