IGNORED

Wishing for something Weird - Graphics Show Cartridge

First Spear

With the great Intv artists on the scene now, it might be cool to have a cartridge (or bonus title for the Flashback II) the showed off cool images in a slide show. Any images or maybe even simple animation. Showing the best blocky stuff our favorite system can produce. Something flashy for CGE.

Taking this idea further (too far), how about embedding a clock chip and battery, and then having an animated clock using several of the available moving objects to increment the numbers.

Maybe an animated fireplace all lit up (with a simple clock in the corner).

• Like 2

With the great Intv artists on the scene now, it might be cool to have a cartridge (or bonus title for the Flashback II) the showed off cool images in a slide show. Any images or maybe even simple animation. Showing the best blocky stuff our favorite system can produce. Something flashy for CGE.

Its a nice idea but getting something that looks good on the Inty takes quite a bit of time from a pixel artist and a programmer. Unfortunately, there aren't many pixel artists that have taken up the challenge of the Inty :(. My team's pixel artist, nonner242 has probably done the most publicly seen Inty screens to date. For examples of his work check out my AA game threads. He also occasionally sends things over that aren't meant for any of our games, just because he wanted to see how it would turn out on the Inty :lol:.

Oddly, there is only one pure Intellivision demo on Pouët, and that production is 12 years old.

http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=9026

It can be compared with 12 demos/intros (at least non-games) for the Atari 2600 in the past two years, 4 non-games on the Vectrex, but only two non-games on the NES, nothing for five years on the SMS and the Colecovision platform is not even included on Pouët. If it weren't for the 12 productions for the 2600 (and quite a few for unexpanded VIC-20, ZX-81 etc), I'd suggest most demo groups focus on computer systems with more RAM to do stuff.

Oddly, there is only one pure Intellivision demo on Pouët, and that production is 12 years old.

http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=9026

It can be compared with 12 demos/intros (at least non-games) for the Atari 2600 in the past two years, 4 non-games on the Vectrex, but only two non-games on the NES, nothing for five years on the SMS and the Colecovision platform is not even included on Pouët. If it weren't for the 12 productions for the 2600 (and quite a few for unexpanded VIC-20, ZX-81 etc), I'd suggest most demo groups focus on computer systems with more RAM to do stuff.

Inty Spirit is one of Arnaulds demos. But he made a few more.

• Like 1

A fish bowl with a single goldfish using 2-3 MOBs to give high resolution. The fish swims in a scrolling tank much larger than the viewable screen (kind of like Microsurgeon).

Could Shark Shark be modified? At least the art is already done, just needs to be automated. An Inty screen saver.

Edited by tacrec

Its a nice idea but getting something that looks good on the Inty takes quite a bit of time from a pixel artist and a programmer. Unfortunately, there aren't many pixel artists that have taken up the challenge of the Inty :(. My team's pixel artist, nonner242 has probably done the most publicly seen Inty screens to date. For examples of his work check out my AA game threads. He also occasionally sends things over that aren't meant for any of our games, just because he wanted to see how it would turn out on the Inty :lol:.

i would consider myself a pixel artist. everything i draw is 1 pixel at a time. If i had a pic in the correct resolution with blocks of all the colors available for the inty i could probably draw some cool stuff
  • Like 2

i would consider myself a pixel artist. everything i draw is 1 pixel at a time. If i had a pic in the correct resolution with blocks of all the colors available for the inty i could probably draw some cool stuff

Its not just the resolution that comes into play to get the most out of the inty. You can also factor in the two colour limit per 8x8 BACKTAB card, MOBs at single/double resolution with flipping, magnification and underlay/overlay ability. You can also use suitably shaped GROM cards to make the 64 user programmable cards go further too. Its all good fun when it all comes together :D.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

We almost have enough Intellivision colors to do this:

Taking this idea further (too far), how about embedding a clock chip and battery, and then having an animated clock using several of the available moving objects to increment the numbers.

Maybe an animated fireplace all lit up (with a simple clock in the corner).

(I should get a cookie or something for actually re-using an existing thread)

• Like 3