IGNORED

Finally! Here it is, an awesome Gift from a very generous fellow !

OldSchoolRetroGamer

An awesome Gift from a very generous fellow ! :)

Title says it but WOW you guys have got to see this! Such a Generous and thoughtful package from a fellow Classic Gamer, Collector, Youtuber and friend ! PLEASE drop by his channel or his profile on Atariage or Twitter (under the name retrogamer81081) and say HI ! Keith's Channel on Youtube is HERE:

Also, link to Keith's cleanup / testing video for the console I received :

Description: A rare Atari 2600 Sunnyvale Light Sixer cleanup and testing for a surprise gift for a fellow youtuber. I will not mention his name, and he knows he's getting it. And wanted to test this out.

Lastly a Photo Gallery link to pictures Keith supplied me with during our conversations on Facebook regarding the items he would be sending to me including the cleaning up and restoring process! :

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer
  • Like 1

I've seen any number of restored VCS units over the years. One thing they have in common is the switch bezel never gets a fresh outline of paint at the edges. Why is that? I can't imagine it being that difficult to mix up the right shade of yellow/orange..

I imagine in order to do it right, you'd want to completely remove the old paint and apply new. That's a lot of work for something that (I believe) most of us would rather leave as original as possible. Big difference between cleaning something up and paint jobs.

• Like 2

I enjoyed your video.

You were so excited you kept saying Four Switch! It is a Sunnyvale Light Sixer.

I bought a six switch woody for the purpose of the batari A/V mod, and it was a Sunnyvale Light Sixer. I did not know they existed until that time.

The best picture, by far, is still the Heavy Sixer. (I have 4, but one is for parts and one is a Sears). I would say H6er RF is nicer than even the S-Video mods I have for a few reasons.

I, too, have many other ways to play 2600 VCS. (No 5200 adapter, but Gemini, Exp Moule #1, Intellivision System Changer, 7800, Flashback 2 with cart slot...).

I've tried touch up paint, and it always ends up looking "touched up"! I agree with leaving it original, just very clean.

• Like 1

I enjoyed your video.

You were so excited you kept saying Four Switch! It is a Sunnyvale Light Sixer.

I bought a six switch woody for the purpose of the batari A/V mod, and it was a Sunnyvale Light Sixer. I did not know they existed until that time.

The best picture, by far, is still the Heavy Sixer. (I have 4, but one is for parts and one is a Sears). I would say H6er RF is nicer than even the S-Video mods I have for a few reasons.

I, too, have many other ways to play 2600 VCS. (No 5200 adapter, but Gemini, Exp Moule #1, Intellivision System Changer, 7800, Flashback 2 with cart slot...).

I've tried touch up paint, and it always ends up looking "touched up"! I agree with leaving it original, just very clean.

Hah yes I made several mistakes looking back, I turn on the camera and GO, unscripted because it is my intention to capture as real a reaction as possible.

Looking back I could kick myself for the horrible back lighting and my shitty focusing camera issues but once it's done and posted well it is what it is for better or worse. :P Thanks for watching and your comments! :)

I've seen any number of restored VCS units over the years. One thing they have in common is the switch bezel never gets a fresh outline of paint at the edges. Why is that? I can't imagine it being that difficult to mix up the right shade of yellow/orange..

I did just that with my light sixer. Sharpie makes a paint marker that is an exact match. I seriously doubt an expert would notice it was a repaint unless they tried to scratch it off with they're fingernail. I cosidered doing it with my heavy sixer but I haven't found an exact match for that mustered yellow. But now I have decided against this. I want to keep my heavy as original as possible even if it does have a few blemishes. Edited by Dripfree
  • Like 1