IGNORED

Jaguar Articles needing scanning and putting up on here please.

Lost Dragon

:-( This is rather frustrating (for myself) as i'm sat on some fantastic Jaguar related artricles, but have no scanner and thus no means of getting them up on here for community to enjoy.

Articles include:

4 page look at Rebellion in very early days of AVP and Cheq.Flag 2.4 page interview with ATD (early 95).8 Page Atari:From Boom to Bust and back again. 4 page feature on ID with interview with John Carmack, talking about Jaguar hardware.An audience with Jeff Minter 3 page interview. Videogaming:The Odyssey a 12 page look at hardware from 1972-1991 etc etc.

I'm happy to loan mags out in stages, have someone scan the articles, get them up here and return mags, just need someone to get in touch willing to do it.

A plan is in motion, just 'trust me on this one' :-)

I hope to be able to bring you good people ALL the above articles, plus a 6 Page look at Minters Unity, big preview of Warps D2 when it was on M2, as many interviews from the era as i can, which now include a later ATD interview, another big Jeff Minter interview etc.

Posting the mags is going to cripple me (lol) but by god it'll be worth it to get the stuff scanned in by a professional (not a cack handed loon like myself) and up online for EVERYONE to enjoy.

The articles, interviews and indeed reviews/previews i'll be suppling my contact do make for supoerb reading and a great look at that era.

Will update you guys as things progress, but this is happening!

:-)

• Like 1

Ok, 'plan' such as it is, is as follows:

I'll be sending my contact at least 2 boxes of stuff, 1st will contain 'loose material' i've collected over the years which will include PS1 version of Jaguar AVP shown at E3 (4 screens shown), interview with creators of a stunning 3D game on GBC, yet sadly never released, Canned PS2 Xcom game, you name it.Basically stuff from UK press i never see reported on these days and really feel needs to be 'out there'.

• Like 1

Ok, being realistic, said content is going to be appearing at best, over a period of months, a steady 'drip feed' of good stuff (i hope) both myself and person kindly agreeing to do the scans have full time jobs, lot else on besides.So...at present to save on sheer postage costs i've given him a run down on magazine issue numbers, pages of said articles and hopefully he has said issues, if not i'll send them on, plus i'll send my misc scrap book pages.

What i'd like to get up online are:ALL the misc Minter, ATD, Rebellion interviews, opinion pieces, you name it, plus few misc interviews with likes of Core Design, plus Lost Game footage from PS1, PS2 etc, plus the 2 concept art sketches from Legions Of The Undead, along with that PS1 footage of the enhanced port of AVP to PS1.

Rome not built in a day etc, but so far, research wise alone we've made a great start.

I've only C+VG's 2 Page review plus tiny preview which uses that fake advert screen. (do have very early Kasumi Ninja screens, C+Vg snippet on Alien Virtually Predator with TALK of AVP 2 using VR Headset and a bold AVP 2 claim by darryl Still :-) ).

This any good?

http://justclaws.atari.org/jagudome/library/gf694club.jpg

Re:Edge being 'pulled up' on it's Jaguar reporting by Atari UK's Darryl Still, it was with regards to a news report in Issue 12, concerning the Jaguar CD-Rom European conference, Edge was corrected that:

Sam Tramiel was not in attendance and the CD Drive did not blow up.Darryl suggested the reporting was a product of 'The Sun School of junolism' ( UK Tabloid newspaper) and whilst there were teething troubles (operator error) with the drive, the way Edge reported it was extremely damaging and grossly unfair.
Edge admitted the phrase 'blow up' was a poor choice of words as it suggested it exploded in some kind of spectacular, pyrotechnical manner and apoligised to Atari and Mr Tramiel for the 'genuine slip-up' on their part, claiming Sam T.was there.

I've only C+VG's 2 Page review plus tiny preview which uses that fake advert screen. (do have very early Kasumi Ninja screens, C+Vg snippet on Alien Virtually Predator with TALK of AVP 2 using VR Headset and a bold AVP 2 claim by darryl Still :-) ).

This any good?

http://justclaws.atari.org/jagudome/library/gf694club.jpg

Ya, that's the one. Thanks! :-)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I must be of me blee*in head but in for a penny...

Right 'preparing big (heavy) box of magazines/scrapbook pages etc) for my mate to scan, put on memory stick.Jaguar/Atari related stuff only:
Looking at:Interviews (ATD, Rebellion, Minter etc), misc reviews/previews/features. AVP E3 PS1 shots, Jez San interviews (not Atari related but good interviews), ID Software feature/Interview, RJ Mical interview ohhh lots of good stuff.
Postage is going to be a 'mare.but plan is person X scans, puts stuff onto memory card, i send card to person B, he puts stuff up here.COMMUNITY enjoys, chats about stuff featured.
Hows that sound?

Postage will be a little pricey, but WTF, i've just sent a copy of RG mag to a guy in USA for free as a mate of his in the UK said he wanted it.Never met either of them :-)

If i ever took money (kind as the offer is) for ANYTHING i've done or plan to do for the community, i'd feel 'bad' as this is a one-off and i just honestly feel the stuff 'deserves' to be seen, does that sound daft?
Theres 3? ATD interviews, numerous Minter interviews (The Panther chat alone is fantastic), what looks to be 'only' shots of PS1 AVP, concept shots (small but there) of Legions Of The Undead, misc UK press Jag reviews, previews, letters from Darryl Still, splendid ID article/interview concerning Jaguar, some nonsense stuff from Fanzine i helped with years ago Jag features, reviews, Lynx reviews) etc etc.Fake Aliens games shots, you name it.
It needs to vbe seen, not thrown in another of my cupboards.

Postage will be a little pricey, but WTF, i've just sent a copy of RG mag to a guy in USA for free as a mate of his in the UK said he wanted it.Never met either of them :-)

If i ever took money (kind as the offer is) for ANYTHING i've done or plan to do for the community, i'd feel 'bad' as this is a one-off and i just honestly feel the stuff 'deserves' to be seen, does that sound daft?
Theres 3? ATD interviews, numerous Minter interviews (The Panther chat alone is fantastic), what looks to be 'only' shots of PS1 AVP, concept shots (small but there) of Legions Of The Undead, misc UK press Jag reviews, previews, letters from Darryl Still, splendid ID article/interview concerning Jaguar, some nonsense stuff from Fanzine i helped with years ago Jag features, reviews, Lynx reviews) etc etc.Fake Aliens games shots, you name it.
It needs to vbe seen, not thrown in another of my cupboards.

Doesn't sound daft to me, I'm the same way lol. Was ready to loan or give an item to a friend of a friend on the boards recently. Never met either but the initial offer was to buy the item from me and since I've never sold any part of my Jag collection, I would have felt better giving it away than charging anything. Kudos for what you're doing ;-) Sure means a lot, even if unspoken by many. :thumbsup:

Really looking forward to the PS1 AVP screenshots. Do you know what year they are from?, that way we can know if it was based on the Jaguar, or in the later PC version from 1999. Hopefully it was based on the Jaguar game, a port from the PC would had suffered really bad on the PS1.

Funny, i dont remember ever hearing anything about a PS1 version of AVP, cant wait to see the pics :-D .

The AVP section of the E3 report takes up around 1/3 of the page.Has 4 screens all quite dark, from very early version, missing lot of the detailed texture maps accordig to text.2 of the sceens are postage stamp sized (sadly) but these are the ONLY shots i've ever seen.

The E3 report also previews Duke Nukem 3D/Clayfighter Extreme, Medievil, Clock Tower, VS, F1 '97 and Nba Live'98 on PS1.

Report states it IS 'Early Playstation code' and is a conversion of 'the archaic Jaguar game'.

The AVP section of the E3 report takes up around 1/3 of the page.Has 4 screens all quite dark, from very early version, missing lot of the detailed texture maps accordig to text.2 of the sceens are postage stamp sized (sadly) but these are the ONLY shots i've ever seen.

The E3 report also previews Duke Nukem 3D/Clayfighter Extreme, Medievil, Clock Tower, VS, F1 '97 and Nba Live'98 on PS1.

Report states it IS 'Early Playstation code' and is a conversion of 'the archaic Jaguar game'.

Interesting, never heard a Jag AVP port for the PS was in the plans. A shame it got canned.

Edited by sd32

Phew it's nearly ready to send off to be scanned.Talking 18 magazines (for articles within), numerous scrapbook pages etc .I have enough 'raw material' to write a detailed 'Rise And Fall Of The Jaguar' article i wager, with stuff sat here.So many interviews alone with ATD, Rebellion, I.D, etc.Fantastic look at how UK press viewed Atari and the Jaguar (so something for the USA readership alone).Also got Minter talking about Panther, NUON etc.

Finally found THAT Jez San interview as well :-)
From Autumn'98, answering question about Arnoguaghts role in developing 'Killer-Apps for new hardware' Jez San said:
'....we don't tend to go down dead ends.We DID'NT DO ANY JAGUAR GAMES.You have to make the right bets-but we still like to take risks'
So put that quote with information from Darryl Still (Atari UK that Atari could'nt get Creature sahock on Jag Cd, despite wanting it) plus info from 2 other sources and lets finally make it clear:
There never was any Jaguar CD Creature Shock actual game work started.