IGNORED

Extended Basic v2.7 Suite Cartridge

Gazoo

Please stop making payments, folks. There are no cartridges left. I've had to make several refunds so far. I repeat - There are no cartridges left.

Gazoo

I was one of the first people responding that I wanted one (public), and you PM'd me that yes, "you've got one".

I offered to send you a check and you didn't tell me you wanted payment right now, but rather, sent a PM reply that they were sold out?

I'm still a little confused on your rationale behind how you handled these preorders. It's a tad bit frustrating.

I can make my own, but I just wanted to support a fellow TI hacker, and get an awesome label, to boot.

I was one of the first people responding that I wanted one (public), and you PM'd me that yes, "you've got one".

I offered to send you a check and you didn't tell me you wanted payment right now, but rather, sent a PM reply that they were sold out?

I'm still a little confused on your rationale behind how you handled these preorders. It's a tad bit frustrating.

I can make my own, but I just wanted to support a fellow TI hacker, and get an awesome label, to boot.

Well since I've responded to you privately, and you've decided to make this public. So I'll respond publicly also.

I think the procedures were pretty clear. I stated in previous messages that cartridges could not be reserved or pre-ordered. I sent you a PM describing how to pay for a cartridge if you wanted one. You did not offer to send a check, in fact you did not reply with a commitment to buy one until Today, almost a day later. It was well after I had posted that all the cartridges had been sold. Some people made a commitment to buy a cartridge and indicated they would not be able to pay until today, and I honored those commitments.

There will be more cartridges made as I turn the payment money around to more supplies for building them. The first batch was made with money I borrowed from my heating oil savings for this winter. Did I have to do that to make these cartridges for this community, No. I'm doing it as a labor of love and just want people to enjoy them. The $40 is very close to break-even pricing on this cartridge, so I'm not making any money here. This is a hobby for me, not a business. I hope to take 17 more cartridges to the Chicago Faire for people to purchase there, so if you're going or have a friend going there maybe you can get one then. As with both other releases, it will be first-come first-served, one-per-customer.

If there's going to be more griping, I can give up this project, but I was hoping to stick with it until everybody that wanted a cartridge is able to get one. Also, the code for the cartridge has not been made public, so it's likely that if you make your own it will be with the code from one of the earlier buggy beta versions. And you might not have the correct chipset that works together correctly, my main reason for making them myself - I don't want an inferior product floating around out there.

Sincerely,

Gazoo

Edited by Gazoo

You said this:

"The cartridges will be sold to the first 14 responders whether the response is from here or the TI Yahoo group."

I responded in this group. You said "got it" and asked me what payment method I wanted. At that point, you should have honored your commitment in reserving the unit, not first pay first serve. A little underhanded if you ask me. I committed publically, and if my word isn't good in here, there's an issue.

"acadiel," if I may offer my unsolicited two cents here... Mistakes happen and using words like "underhanded" is rather defamatory for what could be a simple oversight, regardless of if it's you or "Gazoo" who is the cause of said oversight.

I agree. There was no oversight on my part. Had Acadiel responded with a commitment to buy a cartridge before they were all sold he would have gotten one. "I want one!" is an unclear statement. Perhaps lots of people want one, but are they actually going to buy one? Most people responded with something like "I'd like to purchase a cartridge, how would you like me to pay for it?", a clear and understandable statement & question. Those are the people that actually bought them.

Gazoo

I committed. I said it in public; I said I wanted one. That is all that should have been stated from a long standing contributing member of this community. One, who, in fact, is partially responsible for that very cartridge board being sold.

And you know what? I have these. I can build them myself. I helped come up with this cartridge board design by collaborating with others. I simply wanted to help another TI'er support their hobby as a show of support.

That's fine if you want another commitment reply via PM, but you need to state so. Not all of us hang out on AtariAge every day. I have a wife and four kids. I just lost my mother two weeks ago. I have a lot going on to be hanging out here every day to confirm something I thought I had already expressed dibs on.

If you can't wait a day or so to get a confirmation from someone, ok, that's the way you can run things. Typically, though, the way I run it is keep a dibs list. Someone expressed initial interest, they go on a list. They have a deadline. Those who don't reply by that deadline or pay a week later get bumped and the others move up. IMHO, that's a fair way of doing things.

I don't do lists. They're too hard to keep track of and can lead to trouble if the supply can't keep up with the demand. Again, I stated this previously. IMHO, that's a fair way of doing things. If you didn't understand that going in, I'm sorry, but I think it was stated very clearly. Think of it as all those nutsos standing in line for Iphones, they're not guaranteed to get one until they actually get to the counter and pay for it.

I'm sorry you didn't get a cartridge, and you're not the only one that didn't. I hope everyone that wants one eventually gets one in the future. But (and I'm getting tired of repeating this) it's first-come-first-served.

And perhaps you missed this in the previous message:

"...the code for the cartridge has not been made public, so it's likely that if you make your own it will be with the code from one of the earlier buggy beta versions. And you might not have the correct chipset that works together correctly, my main reason for making them myself - I don't want an inferior product floating around out there."

Gazoo

You miss the entire point. Perhaps that is because you didn't read your own snippet in which you offered it for sale:

"The cartridges will be sold to the first 14 responders whether the response is from here or the TI Yahoo group."

To me, that was crystal clear. Not "those who respond and pay within a day." Not "those who respond but also immediately confirm via private email."

On your second point, it sounds like you would be unwilling to share the code with the people that even made the cartridge possible to begin with?

Fine. I can pack up and leave this community. I don't have to put up with this childish behavior.

Maybe it's best that you take a little time off from the TI and get yourself together. I'm sorry for your loss of your Mother and understand it can be quite upsetting. Perhaps that has something to do with your irrational behavior here. Sorry you didn't get a cart (again).

I've got some chips on order that should be here by the end of the week, but it will be a few weeks until Ksarul can build more boards. Can I send you the chips and a label? All you'll need is a cart shell, as I assume you have a board.

Gazoo

• Like 2

Sometimes people just need a little nudge in the right direction to do the right thing, so here goes:

First of all, everyone take a deep breath. Then take another one.

Gazoo, apologize to Acadiel (and mean it).

Acadiel, accept the apology (and mean it).

Gazoo, get Acadiel's address so you can send him the chips. Or else put him first on the list for the next batch of cartridges.

Acadiel, say, "Hey thanks for the chips, this'll be a fun project", then assemble board, place in shell, affix sticker, insert into Ti-99 and enjoy the programs

Then everyone should just pretend it was all a bad dream, forget all the hard feelings and go back to enjoying our favorite little computer.

See, that wasn't so hard, was it?

• Like 1

Sometimes people just need a little nudge in the right direction to do the right thing, so here goes:

First of all, everyone take a deep breath. Then take another one.

Gazoo, apologize to Acadiel (and mean it).

Acadiel, accept the apology (and mean it).

Gazoo, get Acadiel's address so you can send him the chips. Or else put him first on the list for the next batch of cartridges.

Acadiel, say, "Hey thanks for the chips, this'll be a fun project", then assemble board, place in shell, affix sticker, insert into Ti-99 and enjoy the programs

Then everyone should just pretend it was all a bad dream, forget all the hard feelings and go back to enjoying our favorite little computer.

See, that wasn't so hard, was it?

Well you're just a little off. Sorry, but you just are.

I've said I'm sorry way too many times already for something I shouldn't have had to apologize for. Offering the chips was a peace offering for his going off the deep end for no reason that I can possibly comprehend other than the stress of losing his Mother.

Once again, THERE IS NO LIST.

If I can get his address I will send him the chips and the label.

And I'll forgo an apology from Acadiel for being so insulting and rude, although I will try to understand his inconsiderateness considering his current life situation.

That's the best I can do.

I live in the real world. Sorry (once again), but charity only goes so far. And I've already made considerate compromises, I feel I've gone about 80% towards the compromise with no response.

Gazoo

Edited by Gazoo
  • Like 1

No worries. There will be batches made until everybody gets one that wants one. You'll get one. :)

Gazoo

Exactly, people, chill out! I was bummed because I lost the first batch, so I simply logged here, followed the topic and kept an eye to my e-mail. And if snafu happens, RELAX! IT'S JUST A HOBBY!

• Like 2