IGNORED

Extended Basic v2.7 Suite Cartridge

Gazoo

Let's see. 23 were sold. 2 were gifted. 3 people posses the code, 1 of which I know for sure made a cartridge. I'm taking 16 cartridges to Chicago, two of which are promised out. I also have 5 programmed chipsets which I'll be taking to Chicago which can be made into carts with boards that will be available there. Oh yea, I have one.

So there is a possibility of 48 total after the Faire.

Gazoo

27 currently in use already! Well if that's not an overwhelming success, nothing is. Congratulations!

borat-thumbs-up.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Option "U" suddenly seems to hang my Ti. The Compact Flash HDXS tool DID originally run but has suddenly started hanging my console instead.

If I use the cartridge's A/E option 6 to run a program copy of CFHDXS1 from a disk image on the nanoPEB it runs just fine.

(I'm using the CFHDXS1_PATCHED.dsk version, originally downloaded from the nanoPEB homepage - http://webpages.charter.net/nanopeb/)

Does anyone know what's happened or how I can fix this?

I've tried copying fresh DSK images to a different CF card with the same results.

There are 8 Extended Basic v2.7 cartridges left over from the Faire. To simplify things and to prevent confusion and misunderstandings I've listed them as buy it now items on ebay. Unfortunately, ebay adds a surcharge of 12.9% (Theives!), so I had to increase the price to $46.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Extended-Basic-v2-7-Suite-Cartridge-/231378985072?

Gazoo

• Like 3

Option "U" suddenly seems to hang my Ti. The Compact Flash HDXS tool DID originally run but has suddenly started hanging my console instead.

If I use the cartridge's A/E option 6 to run a program copy of CFHDXS1 from a disk image on the nanoPEB it runs just fine.

(I'm using the CFHDXS1_PATCHED.dsk version, originally downloaded from the nanoPEB homepage - http://webpages.charter.net/nanopeb/)

Does anyone know what's happened or how I can fix this?

I've tried copying fresh DSK images to a different CF card with the same results.

Hmm... I doubt anything changed in the cartridge since it would be extremely unlikely that you sent the correct series of bytes to either chip to unlock them and write to them. Do all the other programs on the cart function correctly? If so, I suspect the problem lies somewhere else.

Nevertheless, I can send you the files for the chips if you care to compare them to the data on the chips. The MiniPro can do this for both chips, although some careful massaging is necessary to perform this function with the 1284p.

Gazoo

There are 8 Extended Basic v2.7 cartridges left over from the Faire. To simplify things and to prevent confusion and misunderstandings I've listed them as buy it now items on ebay. Unfortunately, ebay adds a surcharge of 12.9% (Theives!), so I had to increase the price to $46.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Extended-Basic-v2-7-Suite-Cartridge-/231378985072?

Gazoo

Tony,

I like the idea of linking to the manual for downloading it, but the area you have it in requires the person wanting it to be signed into Atari Age. Many people on eBay may be unaware of Atari Age. You can get around that limitation however by linking to a file in the BLOG section. The one I have posted in my blog entry should work. Try it out and see what I mean.

Tony, I like the idea of linking to the manual for downloading the manual, but the area you have it in requires the person wanting it be signed in into Atari Age. Many people on eBay may be unaware of Atari Age. You can get around that limitation however by linking to a file in the BLOG section. The one I have posted in my blog entry should work. Try it out and see what I mean.

I think I'll leave it the way it is. We could always use some more members. :)

Gazoo

• Like 1

I think I'll leave it the way it is. We could always use some more members. :)

Gazoo

<GRIN> Good idea! Hopefully they take the time, If they do, this will be a conduit for more members... of course everyones 'buddy' might lose some business when the eBay TI'ers find out they can get for free what he's been selling!

• Like 1

Nevertheless, I can send you the files for the chips if you care to compare them to the data on the chips. The MiniPro can do this for both chips, although some careful massaging is necessary to perform this function with the 1284p.

...If you wouldn't mind? I doubt anything has changed though I admit I find it puzzling the cart version hangs my console but the .dsk version doesn't.

It'll be worth the wait, I can assure you.

I'm beginning to realise the Ti-community is the most active here on AtariAge. Being a retro-collector, I've bought a handful of home-brew carts and interfaces from other areas of the forum but the Ti sector is most definitely the one pushing the limits of the hardware fastest.

It'll be worth the wait, I can assure you.

I'm beginning to realise the Ti-community is the most active here on AtariAge. Being a retro-collector, I've bought a handful of home-brew carts and interfaces from other areas of the forum but the Ti sector is most definitely the one pushing the limits of the hardware fastest.

It seems to me that things are getting done because of a sort of psuedo-teamwork, at least for the new cartridges. It wasn't a real team to speak of, but someone got an idea, someone else knew enough about hardware enough to build it, someone else knew how to describe and document it, someone else knew how to write interface code to simulate a Grom, and then I came along and wrote some TI code to make it work. If all the other steps didn't happen, I would have never been able to make a cartridge on my own.

I've personally been waiting about 20 years for a cartridge I could put GPL code into, never mind the huge amount of ROM available. It's been a real happy year for me seeing my TI dream come true.

Gazoo

• Like 1

Note that Extended BASIC requires both ROM and GROM to work. Your assumption is correct on the function of the individual chips. It is possible to flash another 49F040 (or a 29F040) to use the board as a game cartridge, however, the ATMEL would also have to be removed for it to work properly, as the GROM side power up routine (and a fragmentary set of utilities) would still be present otherwise. One other heads-up. I put 25LS07 chips on most of the UberGROM boards as opposed to 74LS378s when I built them for Gazoo. This has no effect on the UberGROM images Gazoo made, as his power-up routine forces them to start at bank >6000. The 25LS07s are otherwise the most random chips I have ever seen when it comes to start-up banks--so when using the cartridge in multi-purpose mode it would be a good idea to change that chip out for a 74LS378 that you know starts in the first or last bank (the majority of them do, but not all, so you might have to test a couple of them to get one that works as expected). I test each cartridge board (Red 512K type) with a program that shows me the starting bank before shipping them out--and those chips that start in anything but first or last bank are put aside for use in UberGROM boards.