IGNORED

Huge trash find of vintage video game boxes

OriginalPSP

Big trash rescue locally. An old high school friend of mine that I haven't seen in 20 years found boxes with hundreds upon hundreds of vintage video game boxes, stored for 30 years. Atari 2600, 5200, ColecoVision, Vic-20 and some more.... most of them stored flat but totally mint and a great number of uncommon and rares among them, especially for the CV and 5200.

Going to start putting up for grabs though uncertain of the best way to go about it. Not sure how to price boxes but recognize how hard it is to find some, especially for rares. Facebook groups? eBay? Here? Thoughts?

If there's anything for the 2600, 5200, ColecoVision, Vic-20, TI 99/4a, Aquarius you need box-wise, let me know and I'll see if it is in here. I haven't cataloged them all yet... will take a full day or more to do so.

Here are a few quick pics snapped in my quick run through it all last night.

post-40277-0-03228800-1410712185_thumb.jpg

post-40277-0-97315000-1410712185_thumb.jpg

post-40277-0-68571800-1410712186_thumb.jpg

post-40277-0-44675100-1410712187_thumb.jpg

post-40277-0-21296800-1410712188_thumb.jpg

• Like 13

Please, my friends call me Scott.

AAirhart... yes, I do.... one for the 2600 and one, I believe, for the ColecoVision as well.

To answer some of the private messages, btw... I am not selling it as a lot nor any sections as a lot except maybe the Vic-20 and some of the TI stuff, as I'm not sure if either has a huge collector's community out there.

I'm taking my time on this find and weighing my options.

• Like 1

You'll get a ton of interest on here or on eBay. I know that I'd be interested in both Qubes boxes and probably lots of others. Someone obviously took a lot of time to collect and store them. I wonder how they ended up being tossed out. What part of the country are you in?

My old buddy works for the city in my old hometown (Dallas area). He found them curbside on a maintenance and trash pick up day and called me.

He asked some questions of the old woman who lived there. They belonged to her late husband, who died in the 80s. These were in the attic and I guess she finally decided to let them go or just now found them.

From what I could tell while looking through them, and the many super clearance tags on some of them, it looks like he went all over the Dallas/Fort Worth area to buy up as many blowout software as he could, unpackaged them, gently flattened most of them, put them in these comic book boxes and stored them. Many of them are 9's condition wise, others would be except for minor flaws.

No sign of the games and manuals that used to be in them. They might have been gone for years... or maybe they'd already been yanked from the curb.

• Like 3

Please, my friends call me Scott.

AAirhart... yes, I do.... one for the 2600 and one, I believe, for the ColecoVision as well.

To answer some of the private messages, btw... I am not selling it as a lot nor any sections as a lot except maybe the Vic-20 and some of the TI stuff, as I'm not sure if either has a huge collector's community out there.

I'm taking my time on this find and weighing my options.

Excellent, I need a 2600 box

That's an amazing score! In some cases the box could be worth many times more than the contents that came with it, so these definitely have value! Aquarius boxes probably aren't worth much. But some real gems for sure! So how many boxes total?

Not sure yet.... since most are flat it is hard to even guess. I'm beginning the long process of cataloging it all tonight.

4.5 of those long comic book boxes full of these... though that .5 are Parker Bros. boxes of the thicker variety that were stored as-is.

A lot of great contacts, both in private message and on here. I appreciate it... what folks say about AtariAge being a friendly place are proving true.

Few notes and/or reminders -

- As noted, these were stored for 30 years. Getting a lot of questions about NES and 7800 stuff and late 80s 2600 stuff. 30 years = Nothing newer than 1984 in these :)

- Appreciate the lot offers but not interested in selling as a lot, other than maybe the Vic-20 and Aquarius stuff.

- Also, as noted, I am not certain how to value these and am weighing my options. Not really a lot of info out there about just boxes, much less ones stored in darkness for three decades. Only answer I can give to "what do I want" is 'fair market value'. At this point I am leaning toward eBaying it and letting the bidder determine what that is.

- Cataloging them all for a full list is going to take some time. I've started on it, but free time comes sparingly for me, so it might be a few days.

Glad I came here with this find. Lot of great and friendly responses. :)

FYI... I've started the process of cataloging all of these for a list... already finding stuff I missed in my first two glances, such as several Coleco ADAM game boxes.

Sharing some pics on my Facebook as I go - https://www.facebook.com/OriginalPSP

Full list will probably take a couple of days to complete and I'll get back with everyone here at that time.