IGNORED

Congratulation Season 3 Winner Capitan Classic!

Vocelli

Here are the FINAL standings for Season 3.

FINAL STANDINGS FOR SEASON 3 OF THE NEW 2600 HSC

1. Capitan Classic 1,498

2. Northcoastgamer 1,476

3. S.BAZ 1,389

4. Stan Jr. 1,319

5. JacobZu7Zu7 1,281

6. Vocelli 1,108

7. Scrabbler15 1,097

8. Lid 1,075

9. Darthkur 1,058

10. Karokoenig 1,038

11. JasonAtari 1,034

12. Gorfy 1,021

13. Oyamafamily 1,010

14. Roadrunner 890

15. WickeyColumbus 873

16. LarcenTyler 823

17. Gorn Thrifting 788

18. Botbird 688

19. Mister-VCS 665

20. Classicgamer 596

21. RJ 588

22. Spiceware 587

23. Keilbaca 544

24. DTKofoed 539

25. NIKON 511

26. Gamerguy 417

27. MBotelho 352

28. Nognir 338

29. Dark-Aleph 284

30. SpaceyInvader 274

31. DarthKiinzer 240

32. Gray 232

33. Centiqueen 191

34. Micheloni2600 188

35. RainbowKitty 167

36. Chuckwalla 151

37. Ashkin2002 144

38. Fallout002 140

39. cvga 138

40. Cynicaster 118

41. Tonythe2600 114

42. jblenkle 112

43. Stan 88

44. Atarian7 57

45. DanyMato 52

46. Dan I 51

47. iast 45

48. Matt2d2 44

49. BurritoBeans 42

49. PrivateEye 42

51. Atariano 35

51. Retrogoober 35

53. Larquey 33

54. Serious 29

55. Gravv 25

55. MangiaBoy 25

57. StationPlay 17

Thanks for all the participation. It was the most people we have had in MANY years.

Now let us all congratulate our winner...

Capitan Classic!

Captain Classic will get to secretly choose one of the last 3 games (Double Points) for next season!

Details about Season 4 will be posted soon. Set to start early January. I will start a thread for ideas and details.

Good Luck in the Medal Challenge.

The winners of the Medal Challenge will get to choose one game for play in Season 4.

Edited by Vocelli
  • Like 4

That was quite a show CapitanClassic! ;-)

In a really tough competition this season you consistently pushed the bar extremely high. As Jason said, well deserved.

And it is no small gaming feat to overcome last season's champion, NorthCoastGamer.

also worthy of note to everyone -- just from this one season CapitanClassic already holds 9 all-time HSC records! :-o

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Yeah, that was a pretty convincing performance right there. Congratulations not only to CC, though. I would say that everyone in the top 8 has shown some immense skill and dedication over the long season.

...as for myself: Top 10 again. Yay! :-D

Yes, I'm aware that this 10th rank is only thanks to oyama sliding down a bit intentionally. Nonetheless, I'm happy with the season. It was great fun. Thanks to every single one who participated.

• Like 1

Thanks all. Lots of good competition this season.

NorthCoastGamer - With 8 scores better than 2 STDEV, 27 better than 1 STDEV. Dominating in Gran Prix, Time Pilot, Mountain King, Real Sports Soccer, Shark Attack, Stampede, and Strategy X

OyamaFamily - With 7 scores better than 2 STDEV, rolling 8 games. Dominating in Ms. Pac-man, Millipede, Spacemaster X-7

S.BAZ - With 5 scores better than 2 STDEV, 22 better than 1 STDEV. Dominating in Kung-Fu Master, StratOGems Deluxe, Spacemaster X-7

Dark-Aleph - Dominating/rolling 5 games early in the season, but mysteriously disappearing.

Jason Atari - With a perfect, no-fall run, in California Games (BMX)

Botbird - Dominating in Tapper and Dragonfire

I know what games I need to work on if they come up in later seasons. Stampede is my achellies heel. I also need to work on Dig Dug, Kung-Fu Master (always prefered the NES version), and StratOGems.

It was fun, and I look forward to defending my title next season in January.

• Like 4

What the hell is a STDEV? And can I buy one?

STandard DEViation (excel/spreadsheet lingo). Sorry, I though with my earlier posts in the Dragonfire thread that everyone would have known (opps, just noticed I used the full name and STD+/STD-). Scores that are greater than 2 standard deviations are quite impressive because you are outside of 95% of all scores.

Edited by CapitanClassic

How do you like that you just answered my question, and I still have absolutely no clue what the hell you are talking about. :lolblue: All I know is that you didn't mention me in the post, so I must suck at STDEVs! :rolling:

A standard deviation is just a way of measuring a series of data samples. In general in nature, we expect a normal distribution of data. (called a bell curve because of its shape). Most of the data points (68%) will lie within a STDEV of the average. The STDEV measures how clustered the data points are.

StanJr, you don't suck. You along with JacobZu7 are very consistent players. You and he only have about 7-8 games of the 35 games played this season in which you didn't score better than the average player (and the HSC is a self-selecting group. You are playing with probably some of the best players around the world). And really, only 3 of those below average scores are below the average by more than 5%-15%. If you look at your average scores over the season compared to other players, you scored 0.635 (the 4th best average for the season), which is exactly where you ranked.

I didn't mention that you rolled Defender (because so many of us did) or Flash Gordon, because I did too and it felt a little too much like tooting my own horn. Although you didn't roll as many games as some of the other players, you have 6 scores that only a fraction lower than the highest score for that round.

Edited by CapitanClassic