IGNORED

TI cart labels

dphirschler

I am a graphics guy, so I had to make my own template for TI cartridge labels. I never liked the original black labels. I always thought that adding color was a good thing, but the text was still hard to read since all the labels still looked the same except for color. And then they started adding different fonts for the games and then the labels really came to life. Parsec was instantly recognizable with its purple label and large yellow letters.

So anyways, here is my first template of the original TI cart.

post-39934-0-30919400-1410921004_thumb.png

And here is template number two. I don't think I ever noticed that they changed more than just the color of the background. The text "Command Module" was replaced by the more modern sounding "Solid State Cartridge".

post-39934-0-82351100-1410921023_thumb.png

And here is my retro redesign using elements of both labels. Only slight changes such as bolder text and the slicker looking TI logo.

post-39934-0-39935300-1410921038_thumb.png

Finally, here is my template of the newer labels using color, large fonts, and the more modern language.

post-39934-0-04298500-1410921082_thumb.png

None of these are exact. I only estimated the colors, sizes, and layouts using Ebay photos. I'll make them more exact later on. I'd be interested in feedback on the labels. I plan on making some nice labels for my multicarts after I burn them.

Darryl

• Like 2

I really like the third one you did there. Kevan did me up some labels to use on 512K carts that I've made a few of to test. He also did another take on the general TI format in a slightly different direction than you went. I attached the one he did for the 512K Educational module Gazoo has been working on here. The background colors change based on Educational, Utility, or Game cartridges. I plan on doing some full cart assembly once I get my Advin Pilot U-84+ set up and tested.

512kEDU01.bmp

• Like 1

I really like the high contrast look of the TI logo in Darryl's black version below. I think it actually looks better than TI's to be honest. If I were to tweak anything, not being a purist, I'd make the logo just a tad larger for more definition and wow factor.

post-39934-0-30919400-1410921004_thumb.p

Now I totally LOVE the look of Lee's label below, I actually played with the same grid before, but my printed results were less than inspiring, because when printed on paper the lines tended to blend into the background and give a muddy appearance, even on photo paper it was not as good as I wanted. Now I'm sure it would turn out much better if printed on vinyl like Tony did. Seriously, if you are going to do a run of these, Tony/Gazoo had the right idea get it printed like he did.

post-29677-0-20775900-1410966626_thumb.g

I'm curious to see what the blue utility ones look like printed out on vinyl (if they ever are), as they'll make the mock-up below printed out on regular paper look like crap by comparison.

med_gallery_35324_1027_31299.jpg

• Like 3

Tips if you're going to make these labels on stickeryou.com

Add a very healthy border around the edge of the image, or you'll end up with white edges around your label.

Lighten the image A LOT. It will come out much darker than you expect.

As an example, here's the image I used to make my labels:

gallery_29515_833_19953.jpg

Good Luck!

Gazoo

• Like 3