IGNORED

Alien Final Version

GadgetUK

Basic stab at the instructions here (The .LNX - the game file is on the previous page):-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i9xruyqnr79ozrp/alien.txt?dl=0

I will perhaps expand this and maybe do a mock instruction book to go with 108 Stars box art - unless someone else wants to do one?

Edited by GadgetUK

I suspect I will release 1.01 at some point in a few weeks, after any bugs or anything have materialized. So despite the title being 'Alien Final', there could be one more binary yet. I've fixed a tiny pixel issue with the bitmap of Alison Challis screen (on the heart) already, but not found any other glitches or bugs yet. Please let me know.

Interested to know if any other coders out there have spotted what I've found with the graphics in CC65 games (There's nothing visible in Alien as I've altered images to account for the issue) - there seems to be a bug whereby an image is distorted on the right hand side by 1 pixel - it's like 1 column on the far right gets compressed and you lose that column. Not sure if its the sprite handling itself or the image compression.

Edited by GadgetUK

Outstanding!.I admire it's purity.

I never knew Alison, but very sad to hear of her passing.

Sorry to hear work had pissed you off this week, had same sort of week myself....

LOL. I've just 'got this' now.... That's exactly what Ash says in the movie =D

Edited by GadgetUK
  • Like 1

Runs also fantastic on "Handy" on the Pandora, the sound is just so much better on a real Lynx.

I need to admit i still have not managed to reach the aim so far, the Nostromo explodes faster than I can guide my team along. Will try easiest and longest time modes next :)

Interesting the sound isn't great on the Pandora version of Handy. If you use the version I fixed for Windows it sounds almost as good as the Lynx.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wkn27s28t79xiye/Handy0.971.zip?dl=0 (This version fixes the sound issues and contains LX NETs fixes as well)

Edited by GadgetUK
  • Like 1

Thank you for the fixed sounds emulator version, GadgetUK :)

EDIT Your link right above is just the "Handy" files of the emulator. But never mind. What I meant above is, the sound of Alien on Pandora-Handy is good, unlike in many other games in this emulator :)

Edited by Atari_afternoon
  • Like 1

Benny, you must be strong now... but Bill Shatner never played in Alien, he was in Star Trek. Different Sci Fi franchise. So sadly, the Alien game also is completely shatless. :(

I'll be sure to play it while wearing my Shatner/Kirk halloween mask!

post-29022-0-93781800-1411343548_thumb.jpg

:P

• Like 2

Thank you for the fixed sounds emulator version, GadgetUK :)

EDIT Your link right above is just the "Handy" files of the emulator. But never mind. What I meant above is, the sound of Alien on Pandora-Handy is good, unlike in many other games in this emulator :)

I shouldn´t post when I´m too tired lol

Now I get it: You made an own version of Handy, not an own "Alien"-version just for your testees using Handy on Windows :) :grin:

• Like 1

The fixes never end... Just when it seems perfect, it's not quite there. It's very very close now though I think. I've fixed the following bugs last night:-

1) When you drop the first of two items, and then click use - it shows the first but it is not highlighted and then when you try to click it it then shows the item you dropped. Could also have cause memory leak.

2) When theres a fire in the shuttle or when the alien is on screen there was no visual indication that there is a fire. Added the little fire icon on screen there in both instances. Note: You cannot repair using spanner when the room is on fire - that's deliberate.

v1.01 has about 5 fixes in there now, but holding off for a few weeks until anything else is reported. My plan is to try and make v1.01 the last change, or I will just end up stuck making changes to it forever lol.