IGNORED

any homebrew games using Expansion Module 2? (wheel)

ComputerSpaceFan

The official release gives you hand control or super action control setup but I guess unless you try the wheel out you will never know if it works or not. I know if I was a programmer I would try to fit code in to make it work even if I never told anybody that I did it. I have never tried it out though so do not know.

The official release gives you hand control or super action control setup but I guess unless you try the wheel out you will never know if it works or not. I know if I was a programmer I would try to fit code in to make it work even if I never told anybody that I did it. I have never tried it out though so do not know.

I'd be really surprised if it "secretly" works with the steering wheel. This would mean that all four car weapons (machine gun, oil slick, smoke screen and missile) can be activated from the keypad, because when player 2's controller is inserted into the steering wheel casing, the side buttons become inaccessible. I'm willing to entertain the possibility that it might work, but I'm highly skeptical...

As for homebrews, which other genres of games could a steering wheel be fit for, except car racing? Flight simulation perhaps, although it would be slightly odd. A game like Paperboy, a downhill skiing game, a surround/snake game? Would it make sense to control the bat in a breakout game with a steering wheel? Trying to think out of the box in case the market for racing games is somewhat satiated.