IGNORED

Reproduction of boxes and variations

Crapahute

Has CV Drum ever had a box produced for it?

No, it has not and it would be a very welcome addition along with other Homebrews that did not have a box made for it's release or afterward. I'll have to go through my CV&ADAM Collectors List to put together a list... ah, to hell with waiting, here we go:

- Breakout by NewColeco

- Canadian Mini-Games Compilation by Bearded Men

- CV Drum by E. Mancanics

- Diamond Dash by NewColeco

- Jet Pack! by Harvey deKleine

- Kevtris by Kevin Horton

- Maze Maniac by Charles-Mathieu Moyer

- Slither SCE by NewColeco/Good Deal Games

- Turbo SCE by NewColeco/Good Deal Games

- Victory SCE by NewColeco/Good Deal Games

- YouTube Smooth Criminal by NewColeco

There were numerous other Homebrews as well as reproductions of prototypes that were not sold with a box, but many talented individuals have filled the void with their own box creations over the years and you can see a pretty complete listing in my CV&ADAM Collectors List.

Is there a Slither box?

Yes, 2 in fact and they were made by CollectorVision and PhattyBoomBatty. The only one probably still available is from CollectorVision.

Edited by NIAD
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I second all of NIAD's homebrew box wishes and also one for Slither, as I obviously bought the one made by PhattyBoomBatty years ago, and this is the worst job I've ever come across, as this one is pixellated to no end.

Just came across this comment. Wow–are you certain you'v got one of mine? I know my earliest runs were less developed than their successors, but I hate jaggies, and I've strived to print high quality repros. I do use digital printing but it's always done at 600 dpi.

In any case shoot me a PM. I'd like to make things right.

P.S I've seen some bad digital repros out there on eBay and even in some recent runs of homebrew games. THOSE are bad!

The two reproduction boxes printed by Colecomaster next to the original box. Phattyboombatty's version on the right.

Excellent work Vince!

The PBP box on the right is from my very first run, not font-correct, and a lot of detail left out. In my superseding runs, the artwork was much more accurate. Your new boxes reflect a well-done representation of original Coleco releases! :)

• 6 months later...

I made a US and a CBS box. I don't know if it's still time for Colecomaster to print them.

Hey Vince, just wondering if you ever completed a CBS 2 version of the Slither box? I see it shown on your "fakes" web page - is it completed enough to be available to order from Coleco Master?

Also wondering if you ever did a Turbo box in the CBS 1 style?

• 7 months later...

I'm going to bump this thread because I got Donkey Kong and Turbo boxes from Vince this week and these boxes are bad ass! They look great with the rest of my collection and I would definately love to order more if the opportunity came up for production!!!