IGNORED

How many 2600 games do you own...

Army Of 2600

Less than 50 and a Harmony. Before I got the Harmony I always tried to limit acquisitions to really good games (or ones I was curious about like Solaris). No homebrews though. I don't spend a lot on the VCS as my main interest is 8-bits.

I keep track of my collection in a spreadsheet, but I do not have it handy. I have about 180 titles (not counting a handful of duplicates), no label variations, and no homebrews or reproductions. I am not actively adding to the collection anymore, but I will buy a "new" game if the price is reasonable. If memory serves, my last such purchase was in Summer 2009.

• 9 months later...

I own 129 different games for the 2600 and no duplicates. I don't consider myself a collector (just someone who likes playing games on the Atari 2600 wants to own all of the games on the 2600 that I personally find fun and enjoyable to play) so the only CIB games I have are Dark Chambers, Secret Quest, and Solaris; which were all purchased because I stumbled on NIB copies of them locally for cheaper than I could pick up the loose carts online. I have made sure to collect the instruction manuals for all the games in my library with complex controls, lots of game variations, or difficulty settings that I might forget and need to reference the manual for though. :)

Edited by Jin
  • Like 1

the original nine, plus

22 paddle games

22 homebrew/import/odd labels

22 Must-Have/Favorites

8 keypad games

Compumate

1 or 2 Starpath tapes (no player)

was up to 366 unique games (game every day) but trimmed down to the Essentials (harmony cart helps)

Edited by toiletunes

Nice! That's some boxed Quelle stuff on the lower right shelf, correct? I find those hard to get boxed in good condition for some reason. I guess the Quelle library was so full of cheap clones and downgraded versions that people neglected the boxes even more than usually back in the day.

Yes, down low is the Quelle stuff. The condition of the boxes is terrible sometimes, but at least it's a box. I need 21 more for completions of Quelle, but getting those cib is becoming almost impossible.

Atari%202600_zpsyblnnold.jpg

Edited by high voltage
  • Like 3

I'm up to 197 unique carts (not counting doubles or Sears/label variations). It's getting harder to find games I don't already own locally. I usually can get games for between $1 - $3. I'm so desperate that I just bought Math Gran Prix. I was even tempted to buy Big Bird's Egg Catch, but I don't own a kid's controller!

Yes, down low is the Quelle stuff. The condition of the boxes is terrible sometimes, but at least it's a box. I need 21 more for completions of Quelle, but getting those cib is becoming almost impossible.

Atari%202600_zpsyblnnold.jpg

Really nice setup. I see you have a Flight Commander Controller. I recently picked up a copy of Spitfire Attack. Would be neat to play it with the Flight Commander Controller.

PM me a list of the ones you are missing. I might be able to help you with a few, from a huge lot I recently got from a fellow AA member who purged his collection. There was some Quelle stuff among the others, but on the top of my head I can't tell which. Since the price I paid was ridiculously low, I would give them away at ridiculously low prices as well - IF I have something in that lot you want. Don't hang your hopes too high, but one never knows...

Edited by karokoenig
  • Like 1