IGNORED

How many 2600 games do you own...

Army Of 2600

If I may ask a stupid question that is related to this thread, how many different games are there?

If we don't count modern home brews, or label variants, etc., how many different Atari VCS games are there?

There has been some in-depth research on this... I forget the consensus number, but it is somewhere between 500 and 600 individual games, not including byte-for-byte clones.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a lowly 27 carts (counting my xonox double-ender as 1)- partially from space constraints and partly from simply not knowing what's good to play on it... I have a lot of gaming folk around me, but I don't know anyone else into pre-NES to get suggestions from. I'm working on that part, but with 21 other consoles around to buy for it's slow going.

• 2 weeks later...

I own just 45 carts, I try only to buy the good quality fun games.

And be honest, there are some crappy games out there.

Atari was back in the days not really concerned to check for quality games, they wanted to produce many games. And yes, I got some of those games to, but they were given to me :-D

I figured I need 9 20th Century Fox/Sirius titles, and also Boing, Glib, Rescue Terra 1, Birthday Mania (if the deal ever comes about) for completion.

Oh and River Patrol of course.

There's some companies like Answer Software, Avalon Hill, Coleco, Commavid, Control Video Corp, most of the sex games, Video Gems and obviously some more, where the games are really, really hard to obtain. So to those I say tuff shit, can't be bothered to hunt those down, even as a copy.

Edited by high voltage

I own just 45 carts, I try only to buy the good quality fun games.

And be honest, there are some crappy games out there.

Atari was back in the days not really concerned to check for quality games, they wanted to produce many games. And yes, I got some of those games to, but they were given to me :-D

Did the quality control work for Nintendo? You don't actually believe so. But of course, it's all in the eye of the beholder. Some people actually like Back to the Future, Friday the 13th, Jaws, Godzilla, Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle, Superman and many many more.

I don't think Nintendo was worried about the quality of games, they wanted to get as many games out as possible.

Edited by high voltage

I don't think Nintendo was worried about the quality of games, they wanted to get as many games out as possible.

Indeed, but I don't really know much about Nintendo then I should, I read about it in the Retro Gamer magazine, and my brother has a N64. I'm more into Atari.

And yes, then there is a discussion, what are non-quality games, for one Laser Blast is a great game, for another gamer is one of those non quality games.

But if we want to discuss it, it should be in another topic. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Only got 57 or so myself, total carts for the 2600; that includes a duplicate of I think Asteroids and E.T. A full Tele-Games Center, two full wall units, and a third almost full. My dad has a bigger collection, but he hasn't played his since I was like five. Add 14 for the 5200, including Adventure II. :D

• 2 weeks later...