IGNORED

Skunkboard ROMs / New projects to test

Rick Dangerous

Since many of us are getting our skunkboards in the mail, I figured it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a thread where developers could post stuff for people to load and play with on their skunks.

I know some of this stuff is up on AA already, but it's here there and everywhere and you really have to search to find it. This way, you can find it all in one place. Looking forward to having some fun with the skunk!!

• Like 1

hahaha just lol

do you think there will be more coders or jagcoders have more time now that there are more skunkboards out there???

jagutopica

I hear you. But on the plus side there's plenty of stuff out there already that maybe some people haven't had time to play yet! Now that many of us have skunks, post some roms (old ones welcome) or post some links to them.

I hope more people gonna try to do something with the skunk other then playing games that they downloaded instead of really own...

I think ideally we all hope everyone who bought a skunkboard is a developer and is going to use their skunkboard for testing new titles.

The reality is most people who bought them are either gamers, collectors, or both. I knew it was only a matter of time before someone insinuated something about piracy, because people always seem to quickly think the worst on these forums.

What I meant was Roms of homebrews or hacks that the developers WANT to freely distribute for Jaguar gamers to test, try out, or enjoy. Nothing more. Roms like this are already scattered throughout this forum, and I was thinking it might be nice to centralize them since there is a new batch of skunkboard owners and some are buried pretty deep at this point. Or developers could post links to their pages with games to try on the skunk.

I think most people that would pay 80 bucks for a skunkboard would rather pay for a physical copy of a game or a homebrew game rather than try and steal it.

Edited by travistouchdown

The reality is most people who bought them are either gamers, collectors, or both. I knew it was only a matter of time before someone insinuated something about piracy, because people always seem to quickly think the worst on these forums.

It was not intended to say anything about anyone that everyone is becoming a pirate who owns a skunk now (sorry about that if its interpreted that way), I know I and a lot of people still want to buy new games when they're released.

Here's a good one:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/211289-jaguar-hockey-legends-13-jhl13-by-fredifredo-of-jagware/?hl=+jhl%20+13

Going to attempt to load this on my Skunk tonight.

I'd be interested in your results; I've tried a couple of times but while it will load, and the games starts, it always seem to crash as the zoom in to the opening face off begins.

• 4 weeks later...

I've some troubles loading software to the flash ram of the skunk. For example I've found a little game called "jagtris.cof".

Loading it to memory and starting is no problem.

But with the option "jcp -f" I can't load it to the flash....this also happened with a file ending on *.jag.

The only one I could upload to flash is the one I've dumped from flash with "jcp -d"

In the manual is mentioned that some of them need an address to be loaded correct - but ho do I know theses adresses?

I know - some silly questions - maybe I've misunderstood something in the manual - but I'am sure you have some tipps for me :-)

Software that is meant to be run from the Jaguar's RAM most likely won't work when attempted to run from ROM (the Skunk's flash memory), and vice-versa. There are tools to convert Jaguar files, like Jiffi; you might want to give that a try if you want to convert a file from one to the other.

That said, you still can't really rely on file extensions to tell you what's in a Jaguar file; unfortunately things are still muddy in that respect. Not for lack of trying! :P

• Like 3