IGNORED

Sinkhole Crisis - FREE Classic style game

parkfun101

Sinkhole Crisis is a game I created back in 2013. The object of the game is to help Max Stone fill the sinkholes with concrete before time runs out and the sinkholes collapse. This sounds easy, but you have to deal with Cloggers and Chompys that will get in the way of your efforts. The game has 16 challenging levels, a Bonus Stage where you can earn up to 3 extra lives, and of course a Boss Stage at the end. There is also a Password feature resembling many NES games.

The game resembles Dig Dug at first glance. However, the gameplay is VERY different. Your weapon, for instance, is a boladeras which is used to trap your enemies so you can punch them across the screen and collect gems which can produce a Bonus item in the center of the screen. There are rocks in the game which behave like the ones in Dig Dug, but there are also Metal Blocks and Magnets that must be used to complete the levels. In addition to that, each level has a puzzle element to it that you must figure out in order to win.

I created all of the sfx and music using Famitracker to give a NES style feel. I also did all of the graphics, gameplay, and coding using The Games Factory II.

You can also plug in a controller to play. I've used a USB NES controller and a USB SNES controller to play. The controls are very easy, just the controller and 1 button (There is a Player Controls screen to guide you).

Thank you AtariAge.com for allowing me to upload my game!!! Going to other sites to find a place to post it is like pulling teeth nowadays.

Sinkhole Crisis - demo video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SLxUmtfY7E

Sinkhole Crisis - Screen Shots

Sinkhole Crisis - Title Screen

Sinkhole Crisis - High Scores Screen

Sinkhole Crisis - Passcode Screen

Sinkhole Crisis - AZ

Sinkhole Crisis - Big Island, HI

Sinkhole Crisis - Byron IL

Sinkhole Crisis - Florida Collapse

Sinkhole Crisis.zip

Edited by parkfun101
  • Like 5

Oh, I almost forgot: There are cheat codes that you can enter on the CONTINUE option of the Title Screen. Use them if you are having trouble or just want to see what the other levels look like.

My favorite is the "MR.DO! " code which makes your weapon be the old Mr. Do! weapon. It even takes an increasingly longer time to come back the more you use it, just like in Mr. Do!

GAMEKEYS = All Game Keys (If you then beat the stage, you go to the BONUS GAME Level)
FASTMAX! = FAST Speed Max
TIMETIME = Infinite Time
LIFELIFE = 99 LIVES
MAXSTONE = Access to All Regular Levels
TESTMODE = Access to ALL Levels
GOLDGOLD = ALL Gold Coins and All Stages

PASSCODE = Displays HARD Win Screen Most Passcodes

"MR.DO! " = Special Mr.Do! Weapon Code
(Makes the gameplay feel entirely different)

Awesome! :grin: I went to Bozeman back in 2001 to go snowboarding. We went to Big Sky and another place that I can't quite remember the name of that had the scariest and most dangerous lifts I've ever been on....sometimes they would hit the pole and they had nets in case you fell off???!!!!. We also went to see Old Faithful at Yellowstone. I drove a snowmobile about 50 miles....never had driven a snowmobile before that day.

For Sinkhole Crisis, I tried to pick either random places or places that aren't as well known on purpose. Big cities always get put in games and movies just because they are big cities, so I wanted to try something different.

I tried to design my Bonus Game in a way that would make the player try to get greedy. See, you can get up to 3 extra lives on the Bonus round. The first one is free, just walk up to it. The 2nd one requires you to be able to avoid all the rocks and Magnets for the entire time without getting hit. The 3rd requires not only to NOT get hit, but also collect gems to get up to a certain amount....I think it's 8 or 10,000. During the game, you can get to go to the Bonus Round by grabbing the Bonus item in the center of the screen if it is on a Game key. Collect all 4 G A M E Keys and you get to go to the Bonus Round.....remind you of any game (Mr. Do! with the EXTRA letters). I always loved that game.

Awesome! :grin: I went to Bozeman back in 2001 to go snowboarding. We went to Big Sky and another place that I can't quite remember the name of that had the scariest and most dangerous lifts I've ever been on....sometimes they would hit the pole and they had nets in case you fell off???!!!!. We also went to see Old Faithful at Yellowstone. I drove a snowmobile about 50 miles....never had driven a snowmobile before that day.

For Sinkhole Crisis, I tried to pick either random places or places that aren't as well known on purpose. Big cities always get put in games and movies just because they are big cities, so I wanted to try something different.

I tried to design my Bonus Game in a way that would make the player try to get greedy. See, you can get up to 3 extra lives on the Bonus round. The first one is free, just walk up to it. The 2nd one requires you to be able to avoid all the rocks and Magnets for the entire time without getting hit. The 3rd requires not only to NOT get hit, but also collect gems to get up to a certain amount....I think it's 8 or 10,000. During the game, you can get to go to the Bonus Round by grabbing the Bonus item in the center of the screen if it is on a Game key. Collect all 4 G A M E Keys and you get to go to the Bonus Round.....remind you of any game (Mr. Do! with the EXTRA letters). I always loved that game.

One reason my wife and I live in Bozeman is for the downhill skiing. Bozeman has a local area called Bridger Bowl. Maybe that's the one that your thinking of.

Your game DOES remind me of Mr.Do! as well as Dig Dug but with lots of unique interest. I'm having a lot of fun with it and again thanks for providing it.

Chuck