IGNORED

2600 ACS Demo Board

Fredteer

Found this monster circuit board (about 12" X 20") with all the 2600 circuitry and 48 ROM sockets on board. Looks like it should go into a large console.

"ACS DEMO" etched on board and a circuit board part number of A037751 on the board. Most of the sockets are populated with botk 16K and 32K mask

atari roms.

Anyone have any Info they can pass on? If I can figure how to attach a photo it might help.

post-39684-0-07968500-1411798449_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Wow, that thing is VERY cool. Probably went into some sort of in-store or industry demo kiosk.

I highly suggest dumping those ROMs - "Speed Racer"? What the hell is that?? I can't read all of the names from the pic but it would be super cool if you turned up an unknown or variant prototype from this.

Beyond that, it just looks like a multi-ROM 2600. Including the ability to plug in a cartridge. The wide variety of dates on the ROMs is a bit neat as well. I wonder if this plugs into that massive kiosk controller someone started a thread about recently. Where on Earth did you find this?

Atari had a big surplus sale in the early 80's, I think when their financial status was in the dump,

I purchased several pallets of items I thought I could resale. I sold off most of the good stuff but

There was quiet a bit that I then thought was junk and dumped most of it in the garbage. What little

I had left I stored in my barn and was later sold at a yard sale. I am now slowly cleaning out my barn and finding a few atari items.

And our recent thread on the controller for one of these:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/229464-atari-kiosk/

Not sure if it's for the VGSC or the POP, but yours has controller ports on it which leads me to believe it belongs with this controller someone else found. Together, that's a hell of a nice setup. Can't be very many of those left.

• 5 months later...