IGNORED

5 times Lynx stuff from UK Raze magazine Strider II? Enjoy from Lost Dragon

high voltage

• 1 year later...

Thread Bump, but Games That Weren't have been able to CONFIRM Strider II was indeed in development for the Atari Lynx, but at present details are still very vague as to just how worked on the title and exact reasons it was cancelled.

Further investigation work is being carried out, but thought i'd bump this thread to say it does indeed look like this was a true lost Lynx game.

Whilst not an exclusive, it might of made for a distraction.

My thanks to GTW for work done so far and best wishes for their further investigation.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

:-)) Seems some Atari Experts out there have gotten a little confused..

The Tiertex game came after they'd done similar with Human Killing Machine based around Street Fighter and and their Strider 2, was not converted to the Arcades for Capcom,as a recent article claimed..

That was Strider Hiryu 2 a side scrolling 3D polygon affair, running on the ZN-2 arcade board and later converted to PSone and it was a far better game that Tiertex's effort...

By the time the Lynx version was started, i'd assume the ST, Amiga, C64, Amstrad CPC versions had been out for a good while, as it was something like 2 years before the Mega Drive version was done and might of had the weapon changes etc carried out as well?.

Hopefully GTW will be able to tell us more.

I think the ST writer got more than a little confused over his 'facts' when claiming Capcom had it turned into an arcade title, that was borne from UK ZX Spectrum Magazine's reviewer claiming the Spectrum version was so impressive, Capcom wanted to use it as the basis for their coin-op sequel...