IGNORED

Vector Patrol (Moon Patrol for Vectrex)

VectorGamer

Almost makes me want to go out and buy a Vectrex!

It's a good system with a meager library. I was fortunate to get a working Vectrex off of eBay for about $75. Vector Pilot (another game by Kristof Tuts) is a must have for this system - in my mind the best game available for the Vectrex. See my YouTube channel for a game play video if you haven't seen it already.

It's been a while since I've played my Vectrex. Maybe I'll have more time during the week to play games now that MLB regular season is over. I'll be sure to pick up Vector Patrol when it's available since Kristof releases top quality home brews.

Damn that looks sweet. I have not bought a single home brew yet. Ill be watching closely for this one. I assume it will be a small run with a lot of interested people.

Nah, it'll be an unlimited run with as many made as people order. Both of Kristoff's first two games (Vectrexians and Vector Pilot) went over 250 copies made each, so I don't think supply will be a problem here.

Hopefully Kristoff has found more time to work on it in the last six months, the build in the video is about ten months old now. All good things come to those who wait...

If you don't buy homebrew games than you are missing out on some very great games. Some better than the original games both GCE and other home ports. Protector, Vector Pilot, Death Chase and Thrust are examples of truely awesome homebrew games. In addition, the homebrew scene has developed new 3D Imager games and possibly new Light Pen games in the future.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

If you don't get vectrex homebrews, you are missing out on some of the best games made for it.

Homebrews are an amazing talent that I think is a very worthy thing to support. Of course you can't buy every single one, on every console. But buying the really good ones for your current console of choice is an excellent way to see more great games made for it. Also, some of the best gaming experiences I've ever had have come from homebrews. Too name a few of my personal favorites: GhostnZombies-Colecovision, Princess Rescue-Atari2600, Battle of Hoth- Colecovision, Halo2600-Atari2600, and many others. I'm positive I'll be adding Vector Pilot to the list as soon as it arrives.

The only Vectrex homebrew I was lucky enough to purchase so far, is War of the Worlds (big fan of the franchise). I say "lucky" because unless you're directly wired in and paying super close attention, these things have a tendency to come and go before you know it!

Seems like development takes a lot longer for the Vec than other systems, with sites promising "coming soon" seemingly forever... only to be totally forgotten before long. Then, thanks to someone posting here or resurrecting an old thread, remember the title - check whoever's site, then see that it's sold out already. Been my experience anyway. :(

Sure as shit hope I don't miss this Moon Patrol release! :lol:

If you don't get vectrex homebrews, you are missing out on some of the best games made for it.

I don't doubt it. The vectrex is easily my second favorite system. The Colecovision is my favorite so that's where my money seems to go as far as homebrews are concerned. I wish the vectrex community was tied closer to atariage as I tend not to wander elsewhere. I usually don't even hear about vectrex homebrews until long after they are sold out.
  • Like 1

The only Vectrex homebrew I was lucky enough to purchase so far, is War of the Worlds (big fan of the franchise). I say "lucky" because unless you're directly wired in and paying super close attention, these things have a tendency to come and go before you know it!

Seems like development takes a lot longer for the Vec than other systems, with sites promising "coming soon" seemingly forever... only to be totally forgotten before long. Then, thanks to someone posting here or resurrecting an old thread, remember the title - check whoever's site, then see that it's sold out already. Been my experience anyway. :(

Sure as shit hope I don't miss this Moon Patrol release! :lol:

When I recently bought vector pilot Kristof said it would be another 6 months until vector patrol is released.