IGNORED

Atarian magazin scans by Lost Dragon

high voltage

I've never joined any forum to self promote, add something to my C.V (hell ive worked in industries so far removed from gaming, it's unreal), big myself up, be worshipped or pass myself off as some form of 'expert'.People can and indeed do, think what they like of me, publically and in private.

One thing i have done though is put in the time and money, researching best i can with limited resources and time (as i hoped the interviews you guys have seen me link to so far) have proven and i'm more than happy to share the magazine resources, flawed as they are as well, with the community on here and anywhere that asks for them, for FREE.It's cost me a pretty bloody penny i can tell you in postage and for my friends time to get the huge parcel of stuff i've sent to him to be scanned and put up here, but if only 1 person enjoys it, it's new content to them, it'll be worth every penny.

Back on topic:

So what do we 'know' from that (brief) RVG interview:

1)Bobs on Facebook, so potentially anyone on there can find him, befriend him? (i'm not a Facebook user so not sure how the process works).

2)UK Press such as ACE and Zero (along with The Games Machine, which was'nt mentioned in interview) ran with incorrect information passed to them by someone.who? i've no idea, still trying to find who told Raze 7800 Turrican would be running alongside 7800 Impossible Mission at Atari's 'Whistle-Stop Tour'....

3) Bob did a 7800 version of Deflektor, but it was never released,

Probably lost in the archives at Atari/US Gold, but could have something lurking on one of those old-fangled 3.5 inch disks. Not sure when I'll get chance to look - or even how much use it would be.

So, based on all this there's a chance that yes, maybe Bob has found a disk and maybe, just maybe it has the full 7800 version code still on it.So that's the 1st possibility.Now, being realistic, depending on where that disk has been stored, fate being kind etc, we'd also have to assume that the data has'nt corrupted over time etc and thus again there is the possibilty, nothing more that it could be backed up and burnt onto cart, but like 7800 Paperboy, until we see concrete proof, best we can do is cross our fingers real tight and hope for the best.

Reason i started posting in those official unreleased threads with updated info, was to try and stope false hope of code being found for so many claimed games.If people want to 'hate' me for doing that..carry on, you'll just prove to myself i was right to spend the time doing it and i continue to do it.

Bob's not granteed exclusive interview rights to a select person here has he, so come on Facebook users, track him down and ask him :-)

• Like 1

Frank Gasking ( C64GTW) has given me permission to quote him, regarding his recent attempts to contact Bob, regarding Lost C64 Games:

'I tried contacting Bob numerous times through Facebook to find out about
getting hold of a copy of Murder! on the C64, but responses were few and
far between, and pretty short about taking a look through his attic.
Feeling like I was about to piss the guy off by constantly
mailing/nagging,
I wrote one last message as a plea to trying to preserve the game, which
was met with no response. So i've just had to leave it at that'

Just thought i'd post that up to balance 'claims' that Bob might have more information on Lost Atari versions of games and it seemed relevant regarding hopes of 7800 Paperboy turning up.

Sometimes for no apparent reason, just as progress appears to be going so well, all contact is 'lost'.Experienced similar from a few people i had long, detailed interview answers from-i'd have people see interview, say, Ohhhh, ask him X, Y and Z, you'd forward extra questions on, never hear a thing back.It's the luck of the draw and really just makes you even more grateful for the interview you did manage to secure.

I'd love to hear Bob get in touch regarding Lost Atari Games, i just advise not getting hopes set too high based on my personal experiences with other coders, Franks exp.and that brief RVG interview.

:-) I've already covered the multiple posts aspect before, but happy to do so again:

I use I.E on 360 rather than my ipad for forum posting.Just find it easier.
For some reason I.E on 360 will (physically) not let me sign into Atari Age.I can read threads fine, but cannot log-in.So, i'm forced to use a mobile web browser to post which restricts amount of text per post, cue multiple posts.
If someone could explain the technical aspects of why a web browser i'm paying MS to use each month clashes with software running this site, i'd be delighted.It's frustrating the hell out of me.

:-) I've already covered the multiple posts aspect before, but happy to do so again:

I use I.E on 360 rather than my ipad for forum posting.Just find it easier.
For some reason I.E on 360 will (physically) not let me sign into Atari Age.I can read threads fine, but cannot log-in.So, i'm forced to use a mobile web browser to post which restricts amount of text per post, cue multiple posts.

I really hope this isn't the future of the internet. Desktop—even laptop—all the way, baby.

:-) I 1st got online via the Dreamcast, so it feels like i'm returning to my console roots at times.Ipad i have, but it gets 'pissy' trying to log into my Gmail account, the 360 sulks and refuses to log in here, the PS3 won't sign into a Playstation forum i've been on for years all of a sudden, my laptop is out of the ark and suffers drastic over-heating issues.

I've had 3 PC's (Desk Top's) over the years.2 just died on me and 1 a mate f**ked right up trying to instal a new O/S...plus had the 'joys' of key-logger crap, trojans etc, despite paying for supposedly good security software.Not a fan of PC's at all.

Anywho, with luck, i should be forwarding the 'good' stuff (scans wise) to high voltage in next week or so, expecting delivery of scanned material any day now, so cue AVP on PS1 etc etc....